Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody knew what year downwards is my 2009 Duratec 2.0L the same as. For instance, is the engine the same as the 2007, 2008 so on? I know the ECU is different since FocusSport is still cracking the new version.. but asides from this, what is the same?
I tried searching but didn't really find anything, looking to get parts and it's tough since nobody has "09" stuff.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
are you looking for engine engine parts or parts to compliment your engine, like exhaust/cai/header. as far as a header, the f2 Header will fit FS exhaust should fit, any 2.0 duratec cams will work and so on. Its basically the same engine as it was introduced, just a few more hp, and a new redesign on the body so any major incompatibilities are for clearance.

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh really? I planned on getting a throttle body later on.. I guess that puts a damper on things..

As far as intake, I'm already waiting for my Steeda SRI, it's the only one that works with '09s so far.. Good to know about the header.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
the duratec information thread in my signature will easily help you with your main question on whats different between the years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts