Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
30,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been getting a good bit of PM asking about my Tuning so I thought I would post here

I sell the SCT X4 Flasher , Full Custom Tune for 5speed and ATX , Free unlimited Lifetime Tune updates as you add more NA mods , Datalogging , US shipped for 462.00

I have a great Custom Tune for the Auto Trans as well , quicker and firmer shifts

Engine Tune you will see better over all daily driveability , better performance , most say better MPG

Let me know if you have any questions

Tom

·
Registered
333 Posts
Do you recommend deleting the Tumble Flaps, EGR, etc on a stock D20?

My flaps are making noise right now and I need to decide to delete them or replace them. I Imagine I'll need the tune to clear the CEL light it will throw

·
Registered
205 Posts
SCT got any rebates right now on the X4?

can the EGR be deleted in the tune?
does deleting the Tumble flaps in the tune make the car die at a stop like disconnecting the vacuum line does in the fall/winter time??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tom, to clarify, I can delete the EGR and the tune will get rid of the light? Will it still pass smog? I have a sct tuner I purchased from another company. Can I purchase tuning from you and use that tuner? I’m building a 2.5 as we speak but will use the computer from my 2.3.

·
FF Affiliate
30,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SCT got any rebates right now on the X4?

can the EGR be deleted in the tune?
does deleting the Tumble flaps in the tune make the car die at a stop like disconnecting the vacuum line does in the fall/winter time??
None right now that I know of , Tuned properly no you wouldnt have any driveability issues at all

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
30,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tom, to clarify, I can delete the EGR and the tune will get rid of the light? Will it still pass smog? I have a sct tuner I purchased from another company. Can I purchase tuning from you and use that tuner? I’m building a 2.5 as we speak but will use the computer from my 2.3.
I charge 155.00 for a full Custom Tune and free Tune updates as you add more NA mods like your 2.5 , I can help you with your Tuning needs

Tom

·
Registered
452 Posts
Okay...I have the tuner (bought from you 5 years ago). I have the PZEV 2.3 Duratec and just broke the exhaust inlet tube for the smog pump. Should I repair that part or purchase a header? Does the header eliminate the smog pump? Does the tune delete that portion of the system to kill the CEL?

·
FF Affiliate
30,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Header wouldnt eliminate the smog pump , if your trying to stay emission legal fix whats broke

You mean the pump in the Pass fender well ?

Tom

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello Tom, i have a 2007 2.0 Dtec 5 Speed if i was to use your service is it possible to have more than one tune profile?
i would like a tune for when i'm playing around and one that yields the highest MPG for trips is this possible?

·
FF Affiliate
30,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My Tune does both Performance and MPG shops that sell a performance Tune then a MPG Tune are just trying to make more money , one Tune can do both

You also get free unlimited lifetime Tune updates as you add more NA mods , change octane etc etc

Tom

·
Registered
452 Posts
Header wouldnt eliminate the smog pump , if your trying to stay emission legal fix whats broke

You mean the pump in the Pass fender well ?

Tom
There is a stainless runner with 2 ports going into the exhaust side of the head, right above the header. I think it recirculates exhaust gas through the engine. Anyway, one of those ports is broken and I have an open exhaust where that port broke off the head. It's an early PZEV engine (2003), so I don't think it was a common part on any other Focus.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just got my first car Tuned by Tom ! AWESOME Great Job money well spent !

Thanks Tom

2.5, stage 1 cams from OBX , OBX header , FSWerks race exhaust, short ram intake Kn filter. Massive adapter and baffle. 190tq/ 188HP and that HP was still climbing when I lifted at 6k.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Tom,
Since the other guy brought up PZEV and secondary air system, if I dont have to smog my car, should all this be deleted?
2006 2.0 PZEV
I have issues with the secondary air and would rather delete it than fix it again. Already replaced the control valve earlier this year, now I'm getting the same code again.
I already plan to delete the PCV and EGR at minimum.

·
Registered
85 Posts
good luck with keeping your IAC. had to 3D print a part to get mine back on the intake.

Everything else falls in place

·
FF Affiliate
30,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tom,
Since the other guy brought up PZEV and secondary air system, if I dont have to smog my car, should all this be deleted?
2006 2.0 PZEV
I have issues with the secondary air and would rather delete it than fix it again. Already replaced the control valve earlier this year, now I'm getting the same code again.
I already plan to delete the PCV and EGR at minimum.
Yes that can be turned off in my Custom Tune

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
30,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
good luck with keeping your IAC. had to 3D print a part to get mine back on the intake.

Everything else falls in place
Massive makes an adapter for the TB and the IACV

I need something 3D printed can you do that , some badges / emblems

Tom

·
Registered
452 Posts
Do you still support the older XCAL3 programmer?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts