Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
30,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been getting a good bit of PM asking about my Tuning so I thought I would post here

I sell the SCT X4 Flasher , Full Custom Tune for 5speed and ATX , Free unlimited Lifetime Tune updates as you add more NA mods , Datalogging , US shipped for 462.00

I have a great Custom Tune for the Auto Trans as well , quicker and firmer shifts

Engine Tune you will see better over all daily driveability , better performance , most say better MPG

Let me know if you have any questions

Tom

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have been getting a good bit of PM asking about my Tuning so I thought I would post here

I sell the SCT X4 Flasher , Full Custom Tune for 5speed and ATX , Free unlimited Lifetime Tune updates as you add more NA mods , Datalogging , US shipped for 462.00

I have a great Custom Tune for the Auto Trans as well , quicker and firmer shifts

Engine Tune you will see better over all daily driveability , better performance , most say better MPG

Let me know if you have any questions

Tom
Hello sir. Ive got some questions

·
FF Affiliate
30,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I can , My Custom Tune will drive better , Make more performance , Engine will be safer , there under the mentality now that they have done so many Tuned they dont need to datalog any more , No 2 Engines are the same so they are not going to respond the same , I have done 3 of there Tunes this months where the Customer said FS didnt need a datalog

Tom

·
Registered
9 Posts
It would be great if you could provide some proof. An improved acceleration run data log or a dyno before and after chart would be more than enough.

It seems predatory to hang out in the forums of a naturally aspirated economy vehicle and promise an incredible tune for $450. Besides tuning to premium fuel...there really is not much more you can squeeze out of a 2.0L NA engine without VCT. I sense this is why you continually fall back on the flimsy argument that no two engines are the same.

All engines leaving the factory fall within an acceptable specification. The software running the engine is adaptive to account for these small differences including wear over the lifetime of the vehicle. If your tune is so magical. you would see gains on engines built on both extremes of the specification.

·
FF Affiliate
30,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It would be great if you could provide some proof. An improved acceleration run data log or a dyno before and after chart would be more than enough.
I have been Tuning the Focus for 20 years , if you want to know more about my Tune all you have to do is search and you will find HUNDREDS of reviews of my Tune doing EXACTLY what I say it does over and over and over again

It seems predatory to hang out in the forums of a naturally aspirated economy vehicle and promise an incredible tune for $450. Besides tuning to premium fuel...there really is not much more you can squeeze out of a 2.0L NA engine without VCT.
I sense this is why you continually fall back on the flimsy argument that no two engines are the same.
I fall back on that argument because its factual no 2 Engines are the same so there not going to make the same WHP from the Factory and they wont respond the same when Tuned. Just a quick look at Focus dynos will tell you this that dont have Tunes yet
Tune is actually 462.00 and does everything I say it does and yes there is a LOT more that can be squeezed out of the " Economy Vehicle " I has some that can run 93 octane making over 200 whp with no VCT , stock TB 11-1 compression
All engines leaving the factory fall within an acceptable specification.
Ok , yes but what does that have to do with anything , " Acceptable Specifications " doesnt mean they all make the same HP , TQ , Throttle response , MPG etc etc etc etc
The software running the engine is adaptive to account for these small differences including wear over the lifetime of the vehicle.
Please explane more on what you think your statement means (2) what changes can actually be performed in adaptive mode (3) what the out come of these changes do
If your tune is so magical. you would see gains on engines built on both extremes of the specification.
So your saying a Engine down say 10 whp stock will respond the exact same way to a stock engine making 10 whp more with a Custom Tune , NO !!!!!!!!!!!! they will not , the Engine down 10 whp will always show better gains then one making 10 whp more stock

My Tunes do see gains on Engines built to both extremes just not the same gains any why I cant say you will see X whp and Y wtq to me thats being dishonest knowing not all Focus will see X whp and Y wtq and why I dont say it , I leave that for the dishonest Tuners fishing for Customers then pissed because they didnt make X and Y the tuner claimed

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
30,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It would be great if you could provide some proof.
Here is a couple of the latest Reviews straight from the Customer Driving there new Tunes and they state exactly what I say my Tune does , There is many ways you could of asked your questions and I would of been glad to answer other then attempting to trash and what I do and what my Customers enjoy

Tom's Tune On my 2013 MK3 SE

Tom's tune on a 2013 MK3 DCT Focus with 121,000

There is hundreds more like these but these are the newest

Tom

·
Registered
9 Posts
You provided links to customer reviews of tunes on a different engine than the one you originally posted regarding. You are all over the forums self promoting yet you respond poorly to anything but praise for your tune.

I don't believe you have ever made 200 whp out of a stock 2.0L duratec but it doesn't matter because you won't provide proof. However, you have proved you have at best, a loose grasp on the English language and an even poorer understanding of how to tune an engine and communicate with a potential customer.

·
FF Affiliate
30,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like I figured you didnt / couldnt answer the questions

There both 2.0 Duratec Engines , the results are the same if you choose to believe them or not is up to you , The Customers that have my Tune are happy with them and in the end thats all that matters to me

Feed back from a Customer that takes the time to post his thoughts and what he feels is the ultimate way to find out what a Tune is or isnt doing , There is hundreds of these reviews on this Forum if my Tunes were not working you wouldnt see all the positive reviews and dynos that are out there

Trash away

Tom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts