Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the engine blow with this tune with only 60 shots?

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
529 Posts
Depends on a lot. Most likely no, but if you have undiagnosed problems then anything is possible.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I'm saying I'm selling a nitrous kit I have that tune but for 91 octanes and nothing ever happen to me but a member says that his engine is going to blow :s
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I'm saying I'm selling a nitrous kit I have that tune but for 91 octanes and nothing ever happen to me but a member says that his engine is going to blow :s
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
A retune specifically for the nitrous would be needed. Nitrous is some volatile stuff and one thing going wrong (loss in fuel pressure, safety switch failure, spark plug fouling, etc, etc) could leave a hole in the engine block.

I've watched nitrous being tuned on a focus on the dyno. With the base I/H/E tune and lots of extra fuel added and timing pulled the A/F shot to over 18 when the nitrous hit; on 93 octane and Autolite 103 plugs. I don't know how anyone can confidently run nitrous on a stock tune or other tune not for the nitrous.

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
Nitrous needs tuning , no way out of that , if people would just read the instructions in there nitrous kit it stated - 1-2 deg of timing for every 50 shot

Then you add this to a tuned car where most tuners add a ton of timing so you feel better and BOOM

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts