Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my transmission just went out, and i was wondering if there is any direct bolt on 6 speed tranny for the duratec 2.3l, or what i could do? has anyone done something like this? and if it isnt possible then how hard is it to rebuild the tranny yourself?

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
i wouldnt bother rebuilding the tranny. if you are heavy into drag racing i would not suggest the 6 speed. they are crap in drag racing. if you want something just to drive on and be different then you could try it. i know the getrag 6 speed in the svt focus is interchangable with the mtx75 in the zetec model focus with minimal pain in the butt. it is almost a direct bolt on swap. however putting the getrag on a 2.3 duratec might be different. i would ask tom at focus power. he is kinda the resident focus guru.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks bud, but i was thinking more of rally, i really dont know a whole lot about transmissions, but i was hoping with the svt 6spd all i would have to do is switch the bell housing, but that still leaves the driveshaft and what not, ill talk to tom thanks again

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
he has his own little subforum where you can get in touch with him.

·
Registered
85 Posts
wait a year cause the 2010 fusions come with 2.5L 6 speed - standard. I bet it will bolt up, don't know about the axle lenght though.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
no you cannot do it

use the search button...its been covered gawd i think 15 times in the past year or so alone

·
Registered
49 Posts
did you ever check out mazda? the new miatas are 6 speeds. let me kno if anyone finds out cause that would be cool

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
no...that won't work either

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
just wait for a totaled mazdaspeed 3.

·
Dumbledore dies?!?!
3,123 Posts
Yes, the getrag 6 will interchange with the mtx-75 in the zetec 2000-2004. Although the duratec uses the mtx-75, it has a different bellhousing. Thus making it non-compatable. I'd honestly just get a replacement.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
has anyone confirmed about the mazda speed 3? the regular mazda 3 is getting a 6 speed with the redesign

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
did you ever check out mazda? the new miatas are 6 speeds. let me kno if anyone finds out cause that would be cool
the focus is front wheel drive. miatas are rear wheel drive. USE THAT BRAIN OF YOURS MAN!!!! [hatchet]

·
Registered
8 Posts
ya but the mazda 3 speeds are fwd my tranny is starting to go so i was wandering the same thing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts