Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wondering if there are any parts that i can take from a 2.3 and directly bolt on to my 2.0. Also if there is any benefit to them. is there anything that will directly give me something. I want to get a 2.3 valve cover for my 2.0 (from a junk yard) and get it powder coated. I hate the plastic valve cover on my 2.0.

thanks in advance
-Mike-

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
if you find a 2.3 car with the metal valve cover id pull the head too- it outflows yours and would be worth the work. Otherwise the Exhaust and Intake manis are close enough to not bother with. If you are able id just pull the whole 2.3, itll be a great upgrade down the line

·
Registered
177 Posts
About the only thing you can port from the 2.3 to a 2.0 is the head. The head flows better than its 2.0 cousin. You can also swap the whole engine and that will give you a noticeable improvement, although you should note that you will not be able to use the IM from the 2.3 and you will also need a tune to run it safely.

Also, the only 2.3's that came with the aluminum valve cover were the 03-04 pzev models.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. my old 2004 has the 2.3 but that's out of commission until i can get the rear end fixed. So now i have the 2005 with the 2.0 and yeah there's a noticeable difference. But im going to junk yard and wanted to see if i could pull some stuff off a 2.3 if i find one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts