Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a polished aem cai and I like the looks of it but would a powdercoated one retain its finish for a longer period of time or not get dirty as quickly? I'm thinking about getting the red one instead...any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I'd say they are all about the same...mine has a rub spot where it's gone through the powdercoat....cant see it unless you remove the entire intake though...just go with what color theme you want for under the hood....where in VA are you?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What was the intake rubbing on? I was supposed to get the red aem cai but the people shipped me the wrong one and hadn't responded to my emails for about a week until I called them yesterday. I would like to have the red one but the polished one is just sitting in the garage begging to be installed and I don't know if I wanna wait for it to be picked up, shipped back to CA, and to then have the new one shipped back to me (that'll take a while). Grr. Oh, I'm in Hampton VA by the way.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
Bought mine used and it has a bunch of"rub thru" marks. Dunno what from but its gotta rub on something going under the battery. But yeah, can't see it till you remove it. The red one is sweet. Return the polished one and get the red one. Is nice.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Free is a very good price! I just put in my red one I got off Ebay for 40 bucks today and LOVE it. How did you work that free part scrammer??

·
Registered
210 Posts
The long tube CAI rub on cooling lines for the tranny and powerstearing lines as well. Befor I put the Vortech on, I just zip tied heater hose around and over the spot that the long tube rubs on. It prevented any ware through, but with only two mounting points, the T/B and the bottom bracket, it's gonna have movment, and thier is just not much room for it to move.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts