Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately I'm still searching for the right silver I'd like for my interior. I've seen some interior pics that I reaaallly like, particularly in CD Silver. Can't seem to find it from Dupli-Color...with that said, I think I'm going for that flat charcoal gray being as though ultimately, I want to go with a nice slate gray for the exterior.
Does anyone know if there's even a Dupli-Color CD Silver or anything remotely close to that? I noticed it's not as flashy as the reg silver, looks a bit smoother to me...me likes.
I noticed Dupli-Color also carries Nite-Lites. It's supposed to go on like a reflector, mainly at night for safety. They have it in red, silver & clear and added a video on their site for the application and result. I noticed (in their vid) the clear looks more like a splash of glitter that seems rough to the touch.
Has anyone tried this product? If it's what I hope, I plan on using it on a design idea for the exterior. I'm a big Heroes fan so you can imagine what I might do...heheheh

Here's the site link: Dupli-Color Nite Lites

·
Registered
733 Posts
try silver frost thats what color I used for all my interior pieces and my new mirrors

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya got pics? I'd like to see how it might look..

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh..my... [eek] That looks sexsee!! think I almost creamed.. HA!
question... how did you prep and apply for the steering wheel and where/how did you get the tail lights with the blue lighting. It really does look hot.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Puro , you have a sick lookin' ride and I really like how you did all the interior mods.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
if you got to a good automotive paint shop they put your factory color paint in spray paint cans for you for about $20 a can, thats what i did and a perfect match

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, but my exterior's currently black and it's not what I want. Another piece I'm contemplating only cuz I like to see things done right....the rubber molding around the door/window. the corner looks like the manufact. didn't cut it right so it sticks out..way out. idk where I can get a replacement...also, the rubber that usually goes around the headlight's all f'kd up. thinking of just ripping it out...it'll look cleaner if I do..
But I digress...has anyone tried that Nite Lite spray?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
The paint you want is Rust-Oleum Metallic
Code 7271 Silver Metallic
Walmart has it.

I have a bunch of stuff that color and it's surprisingly close to CD Silver.
I painted my roof mounted XM antenna with it also and it's not a bad match. I wouldn't paint a bumper with it, but interior stuff it's a great match!

·
Registered
733 Posts
tkheaven: Thanks for the positve feedback on the interior as far as prep on the steering wheel it was a fiberglass mold that I bought a few years back just cleaned the wheel with alcohol and stuck the mold on, it came with 3m tape already on it, the tail lights i got from ebay took me a while to find the ones I got, the blue lights were a little tricky since the tails were euro they came with a bulb that the little nubs were directly across from each other unlike the us bulbs the nubs are staggered so with a little coaxing and alot of four letter words i got them to fit nice and tight the bulbs are #3157 they have blue glass but light up white when put in reverse..

FocusedSlayer: Thanks man the interior mods started with the vents and went from there I couldn't stop once I realized how easy it was to remove the panels and stuff the interior took me about three days total to complete so that ment driving around with no center console, air vents, trunk release button, half the door missing and the panels that are on the bottom of the seats also but when I was done it was well worth it

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks Dan, will head there in a bit in search for my Silver!! I'm gonna need an adhesive promoter for it though, don't I?
Puro, I gotta say it looks pretty good. Where did you find the molding? My wheel's been getting some wear 'n' tear where I usually place my hands to drive. I want to get that done as well but wasn't as high on my priority list as the other mods. I had also been driving around with most of the interior riding the back and tools riding shotgun. the joys of hoping you don't get stopped and getting looked at like you're about to sell parts from a stolen vehicle.. [shhh] lol

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
thanks Dan, will head there in a bit in search for my Silver!! I'm gonna need an adhesive promoter for it though, don't I?
[shhh] lol
If you're painting hard parts you only need to clean it really well, and scuff it up with a scotch brite pad.
I topped off the silver with a matte finish (also found at Walmart) to make the gloss, or lack of gloss, match the factory stuff. I don't like too much gloss in a regularly driven car, too much sun reflection and fingerprints. Show car, that's a different story, it looks awesome to have a custom painted fiberglass wrap around dash all smooth and shiny!!
[clap]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts