Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel dumb for asking, but I am taking off my exhaust and can't get the two bolts at the end of the flex to come off. I should be turning the nuts left, correct?? Thats when facing the base of the bolt and the top of the nut. I have pulled HARD for a good 10 min. HELP!!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Get some penetrating oil and spray the crap out of them. Let them soak for a few minutes and re-try. Exhaust bolts are subjected to years and years of heat/snow/ice/etc, theyre badly abused and often nigh impossible to remove w/o a torch or cutter sometimes. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Heating them up with a torch will work better than penetrating oil. Just heat them up and then try loosening them up.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Yes counterclockwise is how to loosen the nuts. Use some PB Blaster and a cheater bar if you don`t have air tools. When I changed out the header on my car I sprayed them every thirty minutes for four hours and they were still a bitch to break loose.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Get a nice two foot breaker bar and your in like flin. I just used my jack handle on the end of my ratchet and it worked nicely. Leverage is your friend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts