Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's the deal. i have limited time tomorrow to install some new speakers before the wife gets home. what all do i need to remove? the door panels or do the grills come off? what gives? i hate being sneaky, but what are you gonna do? she has put the smack down until we get our xmas bills paid, but i bought these before xmas[:D]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dang, how did i miss that how to? i even looked before posting this. i may have to do one door at at time. i have a small window of time to work with, i need to grow up. i'm sitting on more eye candy to install. i'll have to wait a few more weeks. she doesn't notice what goes under the hood. but she did notice the race header and magnaflow exhaust note. no more warming my car up in the morning. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
how does that "crack-the whip" noise go again?

only thing that might hold you up is dealing with the harness that attaches to the stock speaker. they make adapters that you can clip into them that will give you your bare lead, but i just cut mine. only problem i had was that this didn't leave a lot of slack in the wire, so i had to add an extension piece. it was kind of a PITA to crimp all that stuff with the limited amount of slack and space they give you.

Mike

·
Registered
838 Posts
Yeah, isn't that a bitch, when I saw that stuid wire harness I was like "&^%*"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts