Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Focus zx3 tail light is having some stupid problems. The right side tail light will light up when blinking and light up when I press on the brake, but it wont light when I am just driving at night. Both front and rear bulbs were replaced and I still have this problem. Any ideas??
thanks.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
i would say the wiring for the driving light is messed up. the blinker part of the light may still be connected so that still works.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Taillight Problem

Use a circuit tester to see if there is curent or not with the lights on but no pedal. That way you can see if it is the bulb or not. Then work back throught he system. Have you done anything back there? Anything electrical at all?

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
this might sound stupid.. but it could be a fuse..

why i said that- i had to watch my friends car for a month when he went home on leave.. well a fuse blew in the car and i didnt realize it till a couple days later.. no lights worked inside the car and the side markers and just the back lights didnt work.. everything else work- the radio, brake lights, turn signals....

so just to make sure, check all your fuses that have to due with lights.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Fuses

Good point. You can look up the fuses in the owners manual and see if one or two control the items your having problems with. That should be your first step. I assumed it was done, but always a good reminder!

·
Registered
386 Posts
pretty freaky deaky

1 - 7 of 7 Posts