Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I know everyone has been wanting pics. I cleaned up the car last nite, and then it kinda sprinkled, so its kinda clean. I have the Lambo Doors installed. It IS a Vertical Door Inc. kit. I also re did my audio setup. I left the boston setup for 2 12" JL W6V2's, and a Crossfire VR1000. Sounds very good, I like it quite a bit, the port all glassed to make for a perfectly smooth surface because of it being a competition setup. The Doors were pretty much the last mod to the car as I leave for college July 7th. I move into my apartment the 8th in Phoenix, so if anyone lives out there hit me up. I will still be active on the forum, but just wont have time for 2 jobs to support my modding!! Once settled down up there I will either sell it, or Build the bottom end, and boost it. For now the Bottle is fun!! Feel free to ask questions about the lambos or whatever it is. Anyways ask away here are the pics everyone has been wanting.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Wow, thats a nice set up.

What lambo kit is that?

edit

Never mind I read the words instead of just looking at the pictures. LOL

How much did they run you? Also I assume they just bolted right up correct? Or did you need to modify anything?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended paying about 1200 which is close to what the Vertical doors Go for anyways. The kit, no did not just bolt in. There is quite a bit of custom stuff that I had to do. I had to machine spacers for them, Re drill and tap some bolt holes, once on it went on ok, and such, but it WAS a fun 2 day install!! haha if ya catch my drift. But they look great, and work great too.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Well damn, vertical doors Inc. are known for direct bolton applications I thought. Well that shoots that way down the list of my plan book, I have a friend that does body drops on trucks and cars and I am sure he could hook that up easily but 1200 and still needing modifying is a bit much.

What makes it any diffrent than other kits out there?

Either way the car looks great.

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
dude that is so hot! i looove the last picture, great angle. you ever think about getting hids?

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
All I gots to say is SWEET...oh and get some HIDs. Upon purchase of HIDs I would say there isn't much else you should do to that car..I would vote for it for june ROTM!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha Paposwing ... Im on the of the ELITE!! lol, Turbovation unfortunately I was ALREADY a ROTM, lol wish i could take her again, but anyways. As far as being a direct bolt on, as i said Most people tha ti have talked to you will ALWAYS have to do somehting little, but I am actually thinking that the they sent me the wrong kit, and Since i had a machine shop at my fingertips myself and the guy that owned the shop said screw it and made it work, and it REALLY works great. As far as HIDs, I have thought about them, but Never were really on the TOP of the to do list, and moving away to go to college puts a damper on the funds, I am entered in the Hot IMport nights in Phoenix and LA this year, so if anyone is out there, stop by and say hi!!

Chris

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
speaking of vertical doors, i saw something amazing today, a delorian...actually driving lol, i was look oooo.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
i like the vertical doors, i saw on ebay someone selling em for 800 shipped? said direct bolt, but i havent heard of anyone purchasing them, but dudly good work on the car, gets better and bettter after each photoshoot

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha thanks guys. Good to hear...

Chris

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
killer!!! one suggestion and a cheap one at that. Niteshade or paint your grill lights.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea, Well Im contemplating a Euro but im not sure.

Chris

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Looks AWESOME man!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Looks good, I'm not to into Lambo doors, mainly cuz the cost to do it is so high I don't believe its worth it for me.(And I have another idea in mind as well [;)] ) But they always looks good on other peoples cars though. Nice ride, don't get HID's they're ugly. (IMO)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Don't paint your grill lights man, your car is too nice for that. Go with a euro grill, there are plenty to choose from and not that pricey.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
O yea, Most of you all know, Im not down for the cheap way... Unfortunately thats prolly why im broke haha, but I will pick one up when i get around to it, and when i can figure out how to make my turn signals work without them all being taped up behind the grill. keep the comments comin.....
Im surprised ash hasnt said anythng yet!
Chris

1 - 20 of 45 Posts