Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dude..i was all excited to go up to ventura, bought my reg. on saturday..and some a**hole hit my car yesterday...hopefully i can fix it up pretty quick..also..anyone got opinions on AEM intakes??

·
Registered
367 Posts
they say that they've gotten the highest peak gains from their intake, but that was for a 2.3
they make quality stuff, but you'll pay less for a Marcy, or a FocusSport and get the same gains, minus a couple tenths of a horsepower

Any CAI will get you the gains you're looking for, none will leave you dissatisfied, so you might as well get the cheapest one, or the one in the color you really want, etc.

You can get a Marcy for like 180, a FocusSport for like 200-210 or something like that

Cosworth also makes one, but it's about 350, with no higher gains reported (well, none worth spending an extra 150 dollars over)

·
Registered
367 Posts
by the way welcome to the forum, you may want to look into Focus on the Beach, if you wanna drive that far, it's gonna be in Ventura

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
He said he was all ready to go to Ventura so he was obvioulsy planning this before... and also I live in San Diego and I am going, only about 200 miles.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Dude yea that sucks. I have the AEM intake for my car and love it. I haven't had another CAI before this so I obviously don't have anything to compare it to.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey wickedly fast..what day are you going up there? ive been up there once before..but i was only driving through..maybe we could find some other ppl down here and all ride up there together..

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey wickedly fast..what day are you going up there? ive been up there once before..but i was only driving through..maybe we could find some other ppl down here and all ride up there together..

·
Registered
367 Posts
WickedlyFastST said:
He said he was all ready to go to Ventura so he was obvioulsy planning this before... and also I live in San Diego and I am going, only about 200 miles.
i knew that...[confused]
but if a few people from SD are going, I wouldn't mind going up in group

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
I am probably going Saturday the 22nd so that would be cool to go up in a group rather than me driving by myslef.... I know there will be a ton of other foci's there but driving up with a bunch of others may be a different story.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I've only done it once, but there's something really cool about driving a focus in a pack of wild foci...lol
...and seeing all the civics in the vicinity rev on you

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha true..im going tomorrow to get my new exhaust..2.5 inch flowmaster hushpower cat-back..and possibly the 4" AEM cold air intake...kinda excited to see what the exhaust and intake do with my chip..but yeah if we could roll up there it would be fun..i wanna go up there saturday too..just to get all the bugs that i know will be all over my car off...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts