Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HOPE AND PRAY THAT PROGRESSIVE WILL PAY FOR THIS.....AS THE CAR IS OWNED BY THE BANK AND I NEED FULL COVERAGE...COMMING HOME FROM GNR LAST NIGHT AFTER DROPPING OFF MANDY AT 5 IN THE MORNING .....ALLLLLLMOST HOME, GETTING OFF THE DONALD ROSS ROAD EXIT LIGHT DRIZZLE FROM THE REMIENCE OF RINA...WHAM I HIT A HUGGGGGGGGGGGE POTHOLE IT ABSOLUTELY EFFED MY DAY UP NO IT DIDNT BLOW OUT BUT I'M SURE IT WILL.....I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO :(

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well this is sweet THIS IS WORD FOR WORD ON A SITE I FOUND ONLINE, and like I said the car needs full coverage the only part that sucks is the new rim will be silver :(

Many perils exist on the road as a motorist operates a vehicle, and one unfortunate scenario that is all too common is the existence of potholes and the potential damage that can be sustained by an automobile after striking one. Whether or not an auto insurance policy will cover such damages is dependent on many factors including the type of coverage that is listed under the declarations. However, collision coverage will generally cover the damage caused to a policyholder's vehicle as a result of encountering a pothole.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i thought they where 4x110? anyway lol the rims are only like 166 a piece plus the core...so if the insurance doesnt come through then I'll have to do it that way.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
that sucks about your wheel! Have you thought about filling a complaint with your city office? After all they are required to maintain safe roadways, and from the looks of it they are not!
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nah this happened on a sunday morning.....this morning at 5am on the way back from gnr i didnt even see the damn thing till after I hit it. and after i dropped mandy off......I'm a little angry at mandy know thought because she doesnt understand how dangerous it is driving the car this way she thinks it's cosmetic...I told her"hey baby this took a huge chunk out of my rim"and she's like w/e......whatever I Don't feel like arguing with her right now she's never been much into cars if any at all..

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
my wife is the same way, after about 8 years of me working on various cars/trucks I think she has finally excepted it!
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL bob it's not a matter of accepting it she just doesnt understand how unsafe the car is till i get it fixed :) i still love her thought

·
Registered
17 Posts
Man that really sucks. I feel bad for the person who is going to run over the chunk from your tire as well. Good luck with everything.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Wow dude that sucks . The roads up here in chattanooga are like that and i managed to bend a whole set of rims that had to be replaced hopefully you can get it sorted out.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Get some 17's or 18's now. I might be putting my SVT 5 spokes on next month. Tire are like 340 I cant wait.

·
Registered
128 Posts
that's quite the pothole. cali roads ftw. I've always been fairly impressed with florida roads though :shrugs:

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
not sure if this is the same in the usa or anything. but up here the city would be responsible for the damages as its their job to up keep the roads.

a quick phone call to the city about a pot hole typically results in them patching t up the next day.

anyways good luck with fixing it, i wouldn't really expect insurance to cover that and if they did i would be worried about premium increases.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
i would submit a bill to the city personally. hey there is a chance that the might pay for it! otherwise i wouldnt even go through insurance its not worth the rate increase to me. i'd rather look on CL or ebay or the forums here for a set of wheels. good luck in whatever actions you have to do.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
thats some pretty impressive damage to the wheel. never seen that before.

easy way to make someone understand a huge chunk like that is not safe? make em drive the car and hope it blows out on them (Im terrible).

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah mike tell me about it, It falls under collision on most insurance policys and i have to have full coverage. I dunno we'll see.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Ask your insurance agent if this ends up with a premium increase
Then just get a quote for everything fixed and bring it to the city and see if they will pay

1 - 20 of 57 Posts