Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, I tried searching and kept getting the search flood error...not sure exactly why. Please forgive me if there are other threads on this.

I've gotten some quotes and have seen photos of some dual outlet exhausts on our cars (talking hatchback in this case). A borla muffler with the bumper cutouts would run me around $656. It seemed high to me, so I wanted some opinions from you guys.

Would it be cheaper to chop off the "lunchbox" and run dual piping out to the bumper? I could dremel the valance myself to save some labor. What would I need to watch out for as far as exhaust hangers, etc? I'd love to have a dual outlet system, but $656 for a muffler and piping seemed too high for me.

Thanks for any input and information!

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
I ran a $100 MazdaSpeed3 catback off someone who's upgraded.

I thought it looked pretty damn good and OEM.

·
Registered
95 Posts
How did it bolt up? Looks like a great deal for $100. I held out for the J2 Engineering myself. I still have yet to put it on.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
Sorry, I tried searching and kept getting the search flood error...not sure exactly why. Please forgive me if there are other threads on this.

I've gotten some quotes and have seen photos of some dual outlet exhausts on our cars (talking hatchback in this case). A borla muffler with the bumper cutouts would run me around $656. It seemed high to me, so I wanted some opinions from you guys.

Would it be cheaper to chop off the "lunchbox" and run dual piping out to the bumper? I could dremel the valance myself to save some labor. What would I need to watch out for as far as exhaust hangers, etc? I'd love to have a dual outlet system, but $656 for a muffler and piping seemed too high for me.

Thanks for any input and information!
If your wanting a dual outlet system.....Get a Magna flow gen3/4 Camaro muffler & have your local muffler shop fab it up for you. They could also carve out the outlets on your bumper cover. Magna flow is a great cost effective muffler... But you really can't beat a Borla muffler......

·
Registered
95 Posts
Good luck finding the J2 Engineering on Ebay. I was looking constantly for 8-10 months. Finally there was 6 or 7 made. Sold out pretty quick. Can't beat the price for $379. It's actually built very nicely. Only downfall is its only 2.25" and not a 2.5" or 3" exhaust. I will be installing mine soon. 🙂

·
Registered
20 Posts
honestly, i was looking at all the different exhaust options, and i just decided to do a muffler delete. I think it sounds nice, my friends like it. My dad doesn't because he's an old school muscle car guy, but oh well. And I just had the muffler shop weld in a y pipe for dual exhaust look

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks pretty good. I don't plan on doing a full exhaust or headers, just an axleback for the most part.

A muffler delete with a y-pipe might be the way to go. I'll look into it more again soon, but decided to do a few others things first. I just dont want the exhaust to be too loud since the intake noise is enough already, so I think I definitely need a muffler for that goal.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Looks pretty good. I don't plan on doing a full exhaust or headers, just an axleback for the most part.

A muffler delete with a y-pipe might be the way to go. I'll look into it more again soon, but decided to do a few others things first. I just dont want the exhaust to be too loud since the intake noise is enough already, so I think I definitely need a muffler for that goal.
Get the camero 1 in 2 out buffler to replace your lunchbox and some tips and go from there. Shouldn’t be to much having a shop cut the old one out and putting 2 90s with tips on and hangers then weld.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Get the camero 1 in 2 out buffler to replace your lunchbox and some tips and go from there. Shouldn’t be to much having a shop cut the old one out and putting 2 90s with tips on and hangers then weld.
Exactly. The flow master 80 series Camaro muffler sounds great and gives you the dual outlets. About $125.00 on eBay or amazon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts