Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im getting rid of the MBRP to get bigger piping im uping to 2.5. yes i will be doing a dual if i can fiure out a way to run the pipes and i thinkinh im gonna do a step up system to get more scavenging. so im thinking of having the longest resonator i can find or glass pack and havin that put on the have the pipe go under the rear axle and have a 1 in 2 out muffler to finish it out. so to start the 2.25 into the resonator then 2.5 into a 2.5 into the muffler and like a 3 inch tip maybe

·
Registered
696 Posts
Why?

[rolleyes]

·
Registered
456 Posts
Why not it would look good if its done right, there is another thread about this subject do the search. there are also some pics of cars that have it all ready maybe they can help.[repost] [thumb]

·
Registered
696 Posts
I guess. I just must be one of those people that looks for a purpose to it other than a cosmestic difference.

[dunno]

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
tdkaye1 said:
I guess. I just must be one of those people that looks for a purpose to it other than a cosmestic difference.

[dunno]
of corse there wouldnt be much if any performance gain. But not everyone does things just to gain performance. Whats wrong with having a nice looking car? Personally id hate to drive a really fast car if it looked like sh!t. If done right, dual exhaust looks great.

heres a good way to do it....

heres a not so good way....

oh and heres the "dual exhaust" thread from awhile back that people still debate on....http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=1160244#post1160244

·
Registered
456 Posts
The top one is a R.O.T.M. in the making for sure he knows what he's doing, and the other one well you already know.
We need to get this guy to make a sound clip so we know what it sounds like, it should sound pretty different.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I would rock dual exhaust anyday if it was done right.

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
I think the dual exhaust looks rad with that bumper...but with a stock focus bumper I don't think it would look that nice. Also if you do get dual exhaust I wouldn't go any bigger than a 3 inch tip on each side. Those can's look awful!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts