Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i keep seeing where every one keeps talking about 2.5" tubing. has anyone heard of dual exhaust for the 05 focus 2.0l? i wonder how that would sound? Im not talking one of those fakey dual exhaust. i mean dual everything. cats, piping, mufflers. i know expensive but performance? any thoughts.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
the cost would out weigh the amount of performance, but you might loose performance due to the lack of backpressure.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
RICE

PS, anyone spouting off about backpressure should automatically be dismissed as they do not know what the hell they are talking about.

What matters is exhaust velocity

Dual exhausts in the true sense would require splitting the header, cylinders 1 and 2 then 3 and 4 would have their own separate headers. This is a horrible idea as it KILLS exhaust velocity and greatly diminishes the effects of a properly designed header and exhaust and prevents proper exhaust scavaging from taking space.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
exhaust velocity

i understand about the whole split header thing. but doesnt ford design with back pressure in mind? if you dont have any(or reduce it greatly) wouldnt that effect the system?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
oh jesus....here comes another dual exhaust thread....i would abandon it now cause you are going to here everything from calling it "rice", to saying it has no performance benefits (which it doesnt really), to ppl who say it looks cool and those who mock them for only wanting something astheticly pleasing. If you are looking for performance benefits, look elseware. If you are looking to make your car look different, go for it if you can pull it off clean it looks awesome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im not really looking for performance as a main driver. i like the look. and sorry, i just realized that the dual thought is all over the place. sorry fng. i guess the fakey duals would suffice for cosmetic appealness. now, can some one tell me how to delete this forum. when i try it tells me im not allowed. i created it, what gives?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
only mods can delete it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts