Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a focus ZX3, I'm planing on putting a body kit on it in the spring. However on the body kit rear bumper it has a dual exhaust cut out on it so I went looking for a company that makes a dual exhaust system for the Ztech motor. I have yet to find one so if anybody knows of someone who does please let me know. (or if it would be better to just custom make a Y pipe)

F

·
0 Posts
which body kit are you looking because i'm looking at the cervinis kit that has dual exhaust on it. to answer your question, i have no idea. you will probably have to have a custom bent exhaust made because i haven't seen dual exhaust for the focus.

·
Registered
456 Posts
One thing you can do is have single in and dual out, which means you still only have one cat and one muffler but two pipes coming out of the muffler and going out the back. You could get true duel exhaust where you'd get a second cat and muffler but it is going to cost a lot more.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
i think eurozx3 knows a guy with a single in dual out setup 1
you can ask him....
send him a pm...

Joel

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
there are none pre-fabbed. you will have to have one custom made. split it behind the rear axle, and go to each side of the bumper's outlet. that's what i've seen done the most, and it makes the most sense.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
oracleguy said:
One thing you can do is have single in and dual out, which means you still only have one cat and one muffler but two pipes coming out of the muffler and going out the back. You could get true duel exhaust where you'd get a second cat and muffler but it is going to cost a lot more.
a truel dual exhaust? with 2 cats 2 mufflers 2 pipes on a 4 cylinder inline engine? i hope you're joking right? how would that be setup, half of the 2 cylinder banks is one manifold and the other 2 the other? the focus doesn't need a dual exhaust setup, but if for some ungodly reason your body kit has dual outs you must go to an exhaust shop and have the system custom mandrel bent.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Cowsgo moo has the right idea here. A true dual exhaust would kill a 4 cylinder engine because there would not be enough back pressure and you would end up losing power. I am eventually either just sticking with single or am going for the dual exhaust look. I was quoted $150 for custom exhaust but that is also because they owe me a favor!!

·
Registered
793 Posts
A guy out here that is friends with EuroZX3 had that set-up on his focus, looked alirght, but Id stick with a single cat-back and save yourself some money, its really going to turn out just for show, not really for go, choose a diff bumper, im sure theres something with a similar look on the market with a single exhaust cut

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
^^ all depends on HOW you do it, and WHAT you're doing it for.

if you're doing it for what you think will be "power gains", you're out of your mind, because you'll actually lose quite a bit.

so naturally, you'd be doing it for show. having two giant fart cannons coming out the back will NOT look good. having them at an angle will look even WORSE. the only "good" way to do this would be to have your muffler and resonator before the axle, and as i stated above, split it into dual PIPES (not dual MUFFLERS) coming out the rear end.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
the only way i'd do it if i had dual pipes as stated. I have the trubendz borla catback with the rolled over tip and it looks good. Borla themselves make some really nice tips also.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Yeah I didn't really think about that part when I talked about true duel exhaust. I only mentioned it so they could see the difference from what I was explaining.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The body kit that I am getting is the Octane kit. There is NO way I would ever try to put a dual muffler dual cat system on my focus. Somthing about killing HP for looks just dosn't seem like a good Idea. I think that I'm going to have a local shop see how much it would cost to a dual exaust Pipes.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
shouldn't cost you too much to have a shop do it. buy an aftermarket exhaust first. thermal, focussport, borla, whatever. then go to a shop and have them split the pipe behind the rear axle. you will most likely have to supply your own aftermarket tips, so shop around for those before you go to the shop.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
ok it's a 4banger dual out looks tacky and ricer please don't do this. a 4 banger has one header. one cat, one muffler, and one out don't rice up ur car please. if ur body kit has 2 outlets then it's a gay kit and don't buy it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts