Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post on FF, been reading around for past week or so just seeing what info about the MK3 is on here. Good stuff. Thought I should post about my 2013 Focus se and show ya'll my new rear end and exhaust set up. I am not a huge fan of the center exit exhaust from the ST's so I went with the Zetec rear fascia and had a custom dual exhaust put on with the Flowmaster 80 series muffler. Here is a pic of what the back end looks like.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1r6SjCy5nDmdU5oZmd3M2ZiWFBSWWd4WGpybUxBSXloTkVn

·
Registered
317 Posts
Looks really good! I have a zetec rear to put on soon and I'll be looking to do a similar exhaust. What size are the piping and tips? Is it loud? I'm look for something a little louder than stock but less than an FSWERKS stealth

Tapatalk to me baby

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Basically the entire exhaust piping is stock. Just cut the huge stock muffler out and added in the Flowmaster. So its all 2.5 inches except the tips are 3 inches. But I personally wish I would have gone a little bigger on the tips. Maybe 3.5?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I think the tips are good, they look like they belong there and could be stock. I've also seen bigger ones before and those look great as well. I might just do a muffler change like that at first and maybe go back and change the rest for the power gain

Tapatalk to me baby

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
Looks good. I want to do the same with a Mazdaspeed3 aftermarket catback since they have so many more options than the non ST Focii.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would imagine you would have to change the exhaust hanger positions? I bet you could alter the piping a little to make it work with the rear valence but I am not familiar with what the speed3 exhaust set up is like either.

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
It'd be close, probably have to lengthen the hangers an inch or so to let it slouch down, and/or cut out the valence a bit to tuck it. (I'd tuck it as much as possible)

Here's the factory MS3 exhaust on my car to show the difference:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That looks good how it is now. But it does look like the tips are a little farther towards the sides of the car then mine are. But that's not a problem, just a little trimming and I am sure it would work. Or just shorten the piping on either side of the muffler.

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
Yeah, all those are minor adjustments for a muffler shop, just sucks to hack up a brand new catback. Trim here, trim there, weld here weld there, hit welds with a grinder and some some paint and voila.

·
3rd Time's the Charm
1,943 Posts
Yeah, like a super sexy true 3" kit with duals!

I mean WHHAAAAAAAAT? JUst looking at this stuff, I'm very tempted to pick up a MS3, but my friend with one would say I'm biting his style.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya I love the look of MS3, and the power is nice too. If I had the option or opportunity to buy one I would jump on it. I know a few people with them and they are fun cars to drive.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Nice, looks a bit too low tho

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Hard to say from that angle and not seeing the whole rar in the shot, but it looks like it's an inch or more under the valence, most people have it up more and trim the valence

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hard to say from that angle and not seeing the whole rar in the shot, but it looks like it's an inch or more under the valence, most people have it up more and trim the valence
Oh, well it was a direct fit, fit the hangars perfect, I'll post a few pics in the morning of the full car and see what you think

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 34 Posts