Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a discontinued exhaust for my car right now...Alphawerks or somethin, but anyways its a HUGE fart can. and once i get my car back from the shop and pay off the debt, i was gonna look into a dual exhaust for show. i know they have them but does anyone have any links of where to get them from? thanks!

and hey check this farty out...

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
ya, definitley cut it off!! anyways, i wouldn't go w/ a dual, its not functional, I know its only for show, but it just doesn't usually sit right on a focus. you have to have the perfect rear bumper for the car, def. don't do it for stock.

·
FF God of South FL
2,417 Posts
U can center exhaust it with the seleen deffuser

Warrenej has a dual so u might wanna shoot him a om and ask

I think the most common dual exausht set up is SVT rear with the defuser changed to accept duels

but that is kinda off the top of my head not sure how much of that is right

·
Lurking
1,999 Posts
i had duels on my SVT. it looks cool but a pain in the ass to do... i also was told that it takes HP away.. so just some food for thought....

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
lol it's not as bad as it could be....... I saw an SVT by my work a while back that had a big ol' farty can jammed into the rear diffuser........but it didn't fit, and you know what those Honda guys do.....[vommit]

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
These guys make a functional dual exhaust kit --> http://www.heartthrobexhaustinc.com/

John's daughter's car was the test car. I'll see if I can dig up some pic's of it but it didn't look that bad really. The tips where both angled up slightly, almost DTM style to make it look like it was made for the car. he made a jig for the exhaust so it technically could be shipped as a kit.

Part # 2007250
2 1/2" cat back (actually flex back) says it's for the ZX3 only.
Looks like you have to call for a price.

·
FF God of South FL
2,417 Posts
sweet cuz this is something i have been thinking about

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
cost me $110 at a local muffler shop.
i would like to put a pic here but i dont know how. so someone PLEASE FREAKING EXPLAIN TO ME HOW TO PUT PICS ON HERE!!!
thanks

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
you have to get an online photo storage thing like photobucket and put the link in using the button on the reply that looks like a mountain with a moon. put the link in there and it will come up......back to the subject, there is a focus in louisville that had a shop do dual hks tilted up and it sounded badass. i recomend that 2.5 inch pipe Y at the end with two HKS mufflers tilted up. you will want a good resonator on the long pipe as well.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Here's mine after years of people asking for pics of it..lol. Don't mind the crappy welds, my buddy was just learning how to weld at the time, ugly but they work.

For the haters, it's purely aesthetic and did not add nor hurt performance in any way, it did give a slightly deeper tone. We uses an SRT-4 axle back, cut the tips and mounted them, then used the bends we cut off the SRT exhaust and basically connected the dots. I got the catback for free (thanks again John [thumb] ), the axle back for free and my buddy did the work for free so all I spent on everything was like $7 for an exhaust hanger [headbang]

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
^ I was going to suggest the same as SVT_BMXer^

That look is pretty clean and looks a lot better that that huge farty. That thing looks like something Godzilla would fight back in the day! lol

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
SRT-4! lol. I also have an SRT-4 boost guage. Haha

·
FF God of South FL
2,417 Posts
what is the bumper set up for that ?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
It's an SVT bumper, But I'm not sure if you can buy the diffuser pre-cut for duals or if you have to get it fabricated yourself.

BMXer???

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
as for whoever posted the link to what was said to be a functional setup, none of them are "functional" unless you drop a bigger motor in, lol. functional in the sense that it is hooked up, and ehaust does indeed come out of it, yes, but not truly functional as the new pipes just come off of the original exhaust somewhere in the form of a y pipe somewhere or something of the sort.

svt_bmxer, sexy even if it is ugly.

to the original poster, ditch the fartcan no matter what! and go with the dual setup if you've got the time, money, and ability to get it done. 4 cylinder or not, still looks good if done right. but as already stated by someone, you'll really need a different bumper...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts