Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been having some shuttering problems on my Focus lately, its not TERRIBLE but you know how car problems can snowball.

Anyways brought into the dealer to see if it was still covered since i brought it in for the same problem in 2017. Told me it not covered anymore, not really sure what i should do. I know its just going to get worse if i don't fix.[scream]

With the class action going on i am wondering what kind of options i have. Anyone got some insight?

Also Hi, New guy :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hello and welcome to FF! You're certainly not the only one facing this issue. A few things to note of:

1. Sell the car. Granted you would take a massive hit given how the Focus depreciates thanks to the DCT.

2. Drive the car "differently". Drive it as if you stole it. Try driving it with Premium gas. A few colleagues on this site said these tricks do work.

3. Try out Tom's Tune, given your car is no longer covered anyways.

4. As for the Class Action Lawsuit, I'm not as familiar with it but there are threads such as this about the lawsuit:
https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/mk3-focus/753905-ford-settles-class-action-lawsuit-dct.html

The DCT in your Focus is a dry-DCT. So it is more fuel efficient, but it also means more wear and tear on the clutches given no transmission fluid in the clutch housing. That also means the more you drive in stop-and-go traffic, the more wear and tear your clutch would get. So the mileage of your clutches do vary.

Hope it helps a bit!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts