Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I happened a while ago... How it happened?? I have no clue, all I know that one morning I turned my car on and the CEL was on!! Thats IT. Went to autoparts store to check it out and found out that my IMR was stuck open......so I have to go get my car fixed becouse due to emission test thats coming up.. I took the DSI motor out and found inside bunch of PLASTIC gears.. that were grinded down?!?!!? Has that happened to anyone before? If it did how /what did you replace?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
never heard of the motor going out. Usually its just the clip

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Hillyard said:
You don't have to worry about that pesky motor with a supercharger.
\

well i know but i had broken my clip when i was N/A and it was a pain.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well pin broke on me once and I fix it so now this is gone and have no clue if I have to replace the whole manifold or what??

·
Registered
970 Posts
Just replace the DSI motor if the clip is fine...no need to get a whole new manifold unless you really want to.

And I still use a DSI on my supercharged engine :) Trust me, it's still a kick in the pants when it switches runners :)

·
Supercharged
3,275 Posts
Daeron said:
Just replace the DSI motor if the clip is fine...no need to get a whole new manifold unless you really want to.

And I still use a DSI on my supercharged engine :) Trust me, it's still a kick in the pants when it switches runners :)
say what

1 - 9 of 9 Posts