Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hear this weird clicking, almost tapping noise that is rhymthic. Upon first hearing it at idle at a stoplight I was like F[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] I think I spun a rod bearing. And then the noise never changed with engine RPM, kept the same rhythm. So I get to my friend's house where my jack and tools were and I jacked the car up to find the sound is coming from an electrical box on the driver side just behind the wheel-well. I traced the thick black cable back to the DSI clip I believe. why the hell would an electrical box or DSI controller be making a clicking sound??? Anybody experience this? Easy fix? Help me out please.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Servo? huh?
I did check the clip today and it is broken. I know there is a write up on how to fix it with like a screw or something. But if I fix the clip is the motor going to know that it is fixed and keep from automatically pulling the cable back and forth every second?

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
yes itll quit that
if i remember correctly ford now offers just the clip. used to have to replace the whole manifold to repair.reason the servo keeps cycling back and forth is it doesnt sense the cable stopping anymore. once the clip is fixed itll be fine because it can sense it stop.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright. I unplugged the harness on the motor because I think another week of it trying to click over would wear it out. I ordred the billet one from CFM and it should be stronger than the weak ass plastic clip. I'll let you guys know how it turns out!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Put the CFM metal clip on and sometimes at startup(only sometimes) it will click over like 3-5 times before it realizes it's working again. Is this normal?

·
Registered
12 Posts
i just had the same thing. when i took it over to the dealership they replaced the clip first and then it was doing the same thing you were saying 3-5 times when i started up so i brought it back and they replaced the little black box to... they had my car for almost 2 weeks total. hope you get everything fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.