Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so Ive fixed the clip because my car has 150k on it and its about time...everything went well BUT HERES THE PROBLEM

When i turn on the car, it makes that motor sound, and after 3 or 4 seconds, it stops then works fine..My check engine light is on. But ive tried to take the car around the block to make sure everything worked and it does..but everytime i start up the car, it makes that sound for 3-4 seconds then goes away...im totally lost.

If this helps at all, when i took everything apart, i needed to pull the wire with the clip on it, but in order to do that, i needed to start the car for a sec then turn it off, then the wire was in the extended postion for me to work with..

thanks again guys! Ill also post pics of my car soon..ive been on these forums for a while and never made any posts but ill let you check out what i got..

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'd say it's your IMRC motor. The same thing happened to me. My DSI clip broke, I did the screw and JB Weld repair, but pretty soon the check engine light came on and it was the IMRC code. I remember that noise, like a grrrr, grrrr, grrr. I replaced it and all was well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got mine from Tousley Ford. There's a good contact there for SVT/Focus parts, and they have good prices. If you search this site you'll probably find contact info for Steve there. As I remember I had to phone my order in, but it was no problem. He knew exactly what I needed and shipped it quickly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts