Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get some assistance on locating this dsi actuator and clip. From what I have been reading, I have been getting this awful grinding, or churning sound from this actuator that might have broke off a clip. Can someone provide pics on where to locate it and also help me locate a place that has a solid replacement. I am at my wits end on trying to get this afwul noise to stop. I think when I pull up to my house, my dogs cover their ears cause of how dreadful my car sounds right now, LOL. Thanks

-bryce

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
I have a how-to on the DSI clip...it shows you where to find it. ...but you are new and I am drunk and feeling happy, so here:

Take out your intake and stand to the drivers side of your car and you will see:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whats actually involved in replacing the dsi lever clip? Do you have to take the entire manifold out to replace it?

·
Banned
171 Posts
Here is how it comes,

P/N 2M5Z-9E424-AA if you can't make it out.

You do not need to pull the intake to replace it but you will need to pull your airbox and rubber intake tube if it's still being used.

Just pry off the old clip (the kit comes with two new ones) and then gently pry off the lever, The new lever does not have splines in it so you will need to tap the new one on.

I used a socket with a universal joint and an extension so I could tap on the extension.

DO NOT lose the spring in the back of the lever because you can't buy one from Ford.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would buying the aluminum one be better then replacing it with another one that is plastic? I mean if this is such a normal problem for svtf, wouldn't a heavier duty model make more since?

·
Registered
91 Posts
YES! get the aluminum one!

·
Registered
20 Posts
And how do you get the piece that the post broke off of off the rod it is connected to?

I was able to get the friction washer off, but the black unit itself won't budge.

I ended up drilling it while in the car and running a screw in then mounting the DSI clip onto that, just a temporary fix until I can get the full pos out.

Rod

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, this morning what should have been a 30 min install of a new dsi lever ended up turning into a 4 hour process. I have lost both of the retaining clips that go on the outside of the lever and also I have lost the spring that goes inside the lever. I will just go back to ford and order a new lever to get the clips, but where can i purchase the spring that goes inside the dsi lever?

Also, what does it take to reset my codes so that it doesn't show the dsi as broken anymore?

Thanks

·
Registered
574 Posts
discontect the batterey for i think its 10 or 15 min...i could be wrong..any discontect the batterey will dump the ecu of all codes and the recontect and let it run idle for a little bit

·
Registered
714 Posts
Call FORDSVTPARTS he'll send them to you

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone have his number? He hasn't been on since april so I don't know if sending him a message would do any good?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts