Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used the dryer sheet trick, as per everyone, to get ride of bugs. I was displeased when I found an ass-load of fine scratches in the paint. It was on black paint if that matters, and i used cold water to soak it not hot.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I never heard of that trick to remove bugs. It sounds like a bad idea. Similar to when I used the green side of a sponge to remove tint adhesive from my rear window. Oh man that sucked.

To remove bugs I use Fast Wax. They come off instantly with Zero scratches.

Here Is my Thread about FastWax

·
FF Veteran Goofball
5,741 Posts
^^^ oh thanks! i have about 2 weeks worth of love bugs stuck to my hood and bumper. mmmm that's yummy! and since i haven't washed my BLACK car in a few months... anything would help. :) ;) lol whoops!

do they have that at walmart??

just pour some fabric softener on the car instead next time!

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Fast Wax is only available thru certain vendors. Porche, and other expensive car dealerships sometimes push a couple cans onto a first time buyer...

I found a vendor on ebay with super cheap prices, but long ass shipping...

·
Registered
759 Posts
well NUfinish will fix those scratchs...

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
This maybe embarassing to most guys here, but just go to the store and buy a pair of pantyhose. The cashiers might look at you like you're a crossdresser but I tell them it takes bird poop off of my car really well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Say! How About a Safe Scrub! Floridians know all to well about Love Bugs and what they can do to a car's paint! (Yikes)....This is a product I swore I would never use....but I broke down and bought one...tried it on my wife's vehicle first and VIOLA!! It saves a ton of time on cleaning up bugs and NO SCRATCHES! I was impressed, I was amazed, I was bug-less and pleased!

And you can find this product at.................

http://www.properautocare.com/saf-scrub.html

·
Registered
251 Posts
Bugs are a pretty bad problem around my area. I just use a can of Tuff-Stuff upholstery cleaner. Just spray it all over the bugs on the car and let it sit for about 2 minutes then just rinse it off and the bugs just come right off. It won't scratch your paint and it's conveniently sold at wal-mart for a very inexpensive price.

·
FF Veteran Goofball
5,741 Posts
awesome tips!!!! ^^^ now if i can get around to finally washing my car....... (...months later.........)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts