Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloooha!!!
I have a 02 ford focus zx5,
but I wanna change my rear drum brakes to rotors.
Is that any way possible???

·
Registered
595 Posts
there is a svt rear brake conversion available that'll switch you over to rear disks(i think from the ford racing catalogue). check with scrap yards around your area, if there's a wrecked svt just take what you need from that. calipers/hubs etc...

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
^^X2 that just about sums it up.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
its batinc.NET other wise you get a lighting company!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Batinc.com has new ones at a good price, if you are finicky about having good brakes.
hmmmm. alright. Just the only thing to worry about is the shipping cost ><" Thats one things I hate about living on a rock in the middle of water. lol

·
Super Moderator
9,563 Posts
Shipping will always be the concern when you aren't part of the continental US. The weight of the items alone will make the shipping costs even more. But as others have suggested you can either buy used or new. Go with Batinc or Ford Racing for new or check on here for deals from other members. Another thing you can do is ask in the regional Hawai'i section to see if anyone knows where to get a set or have a set for sale themself. What you are going to need for the rear disk conversion is going to be the rotors, knuckles, brake lines, calipers and the e-brake line. Also good idea to get a new set of brake pads and possibly rotors if it is necessary.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Also the advanced track focuses 00-04 have them and the focus ST all have rear disc brakes. They're easier to find in salvage yards. You can check car-part.com for salvage yards near you that would have the parts needed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts