Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have drumsfor rear braking, is it possible to change them to brake pads, i like the looks of front and rear brake calipers.[?]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ahh yes I am too very curious to how much this conversion kit would cost. Not to mention, I have a set of 17 Inch Rims and would like to redo the whole brake system, Discs in front and drums in the back is the curent setup, any suggestions or links?

ZeDo

·
Registered
27 Posts
ZeDo said:
Ahh yes I am too very curious to how much this conversion kit would cost. Not to mention, I have a set of 17 Inch Rims and would like to redo the whole brake system, Discs in front and drums in the back is the curent setup, any suggestions or links?

ZeDo

BAT automotive sells a kit for around 700 I think.

-DC

·
Registered
228 Posts
BAT Inc sells the rear for $775 or the complete front and rear kit for $895. Just ordered my complete kit today!! Being able to stop will be sooooo nice!!

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
there is the option of getting the SVT focus brake conversion direct from Ford
But at a grand it is a little pricy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hmmm A grand huh.. Any after market kits suchs as Brembro etc that do the convesion as well. A grand isn't to bad for the ability and the look. I just don't see why FORD cheaps out on drums. Mind you it's not like the ZETEC was built for speed. Ahhhh decent little pocket rocket but the imports just have more gear and juice to start with..

Thanks all.

Now the BAT Inc setup, whats the diff to the front brake set up??

Can you post the URL??

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I think that Baer has a big brake conversion for the front, i think its 12 or 13 inch rotors!! That'd be bitchin compared to the stock 8 or 9 inch rotors....

·
Registered
228 Posts
ZeDo said:
Hmmm A grand huh.. Any after market kits suchs as Brembro etc that do the convesion as well. A grand isn't to bad for the ability and the look. I just don't see why FORD cheaps out on drums. Mind you it's not like the ZETEC was built for speed. Ahhhh decent little pocket rocket but the imports just have more gear and juice to start with..

Thanks all.

Now the BAT Inc setup, whats the diff to the front brake set up??

Can you post the URL??
The kit is the Ford Racing kit to upgrade the Focus to SVT brakes front and rear. 300mm front and 273mm rear. [:)]

Bat Inc

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
wow the big brake kits from bat are pricey, not to bad for what you get though

the thing that bothers me is that i can have the rear calipers powder coated orange but i can only have the front done in red!? what up with that!

i jsut got some new 17" wheels too, the stock breaks look goofy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts