Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, first off, i dont know if i have posted in the right forum, but what i would like to do is to drop some weight in my focus before i race it on the track on friday..i already know im going to take out my subs, and my spare and jack..but i have two questions...

1) Does anyone know how to take out the back seats?

2) Does anyone else have any ideas of what else I can do to put my Focus on a diet..at least for two days??

...thanks in advance guys...

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Don't go with a full tank. search for the thread on how to remove your back seat. Its on here somewhere.

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
the rear seat isn't that bad to take out, a butt load of torx bolts, a couple even in the middle of the seat..kind of hidden.
I usually go with a 1/4 tank, maybe a little more,. good luck and post pic.s when you get back from racing!

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I've heard of guys replacing the stock battery with a little ATV or boat battery...or you could make it permanent and save about 17 pounds up high and in the nose with an Oddessy lightweight battery.

You could drain the windshield wiper fluid... probably 3-4 pounds.

This can get real extreme real quick!

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Do the zx3s have a serpintien belt or can you take the belt of the A/C with no problems? Thats what I would do on my 92 GTi 16v when I would race. I had an extra belt that was for a non A/C model

·
Registered
930 Posts
Will the belt thing actually help much though? I mean for the trouble? The pulley spins free when the AC is disengaged anyway.

·
Registered
743 Posts
only help if you take the AC out the car...less weight

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Best place i have found to buy the batteries is here:http://www.portablepower.com/items.asp
I have been running one the Hawker batteries for almost two years now and have had no problems what so ever. The Hawker batteries are the exact same batteries as like the DynaBat batteries. Hawker is actually the maker and you can buy them here very resonable.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
^^^10 pounds vs. Stock 35 pounds. Nice, and not expensive either.

After reading about the incredible Opera Performance chassis builds in the latest Sport compact car, I have this intense itch to attack my car with a drill and welder. The guy dropped 800 pounds out of an S2000, which isn't porky to begin with, and at the same time made it monumentally stiffer. Just as an example, it's so stiff that he uses aluminum bushings in the car, but it's so solid now that it's still 100% smooth and controlled.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts