Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, right now all i have are the kw springs. right now my camber kit it being shipped and im getting kyb shock hopefully. my first question is will these springs fit on kyb shocks? after i get everything, ill have a good suspension, right? lately i've been hearing about bushings and stuff, do i really need to upgrade those? honesty, i don't even really know what they do! u can have a good suspension without buying new ones right? I NEED HELP!
thanks,

-tony

[pray] [bootyshak [whip] [scratch]

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
what are u going for? looks or performance?

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
I believe the KYBs are an OEM replacement. You'll want something like Eibach Pro-Dampers.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what do u mean they're just like OEM? u mean like the ride quality, or what kinda springs can fit on them? well, i kinda wanna stick with kyb, cause i can get all 4 for only $100, and i heard the were pretty good! so anyone have any info on bushings?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
if they r made for the car, of course they will fit, but 4 for 100=stock replacements which is useless and a waste of cash. buy some dampers made for lowered cars. what do u wanna hear about bushings?

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
It means they are just as good as the stock ones that are on your car right now.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kyb's r made for lowered cars! so basically they give u smooth handling not sport handling? i just wanna know if i have to get bushings, and i don't even know what they do! once i lower my car, will the oem bushing wear down?

·
Registered
613 Posts
if the KYBs are only 100$ they are equal to stock, you're not gonna get dampers for a lowered vehicle THAT cheap, unless they fell off the back of a truck, in which case you went to the flea market or you bought them from a "shady" shop, all in all if they are truely made for a lowered ride then good, but if they are from any regular store, they are not made, and will die quciklly but I doubt you'll get that "rice bounce" it's your' money, go for whatever, better bushings just don't compress as much as rubber, they go between metal parts as a kinda of buffer, but stocks are squishy, need are eurathane ones, or new composites I've seen lately....from what I know get dampers, springs and swaybars as a kit, and you'll do best....but that's my opinion

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
I've just looked at the GR-2 specs, and it states nothing about performance applications.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well im actually getting them from a freind, who works at 'The Max' race shop (for the people in s.a.), and someone ordered them for there focus and never picked them up, so he said i could have them for $100. don't worry, i didn't buy them at Goodwill or Thrift Town! and thanx for the info on bushing helped A LOT!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i looked-up the gr-2, and suprisingly, they don't say anything about lowered cars!

·
Registered
45 Posts
freestyla86 said:
well i looked-up the gr-2, and suprisingly, they don't say anything about lowered cars!
GR-2's are a stock equivalent replacement shock. Nothing more. They will just take a little longer to go bad on a lowered car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Kyllgore said:
AT1
take a little ong to go bad? I think you meant go bad much faster..
No, I meant a little longer than OEM. After all, KYB's are a LITTLE higher quality than OEM.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I say get the Apex super sport suspension i'm ordering the 1.6in drop kit in a couple weeks they also sell a 2.0in but only sold on mcnewsautomotive.com

1 - 17 of 17 Posts