Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend and I... the same friend who had me put SpeedHut Gauges in... ripped apart the back end of my car last night to install the LED tails.

I didn't want to get pulled over again for tinted tails.. and they were pretty dark to start and I was constantly worried that some retard would not be paying attention and slam into the back of me when I had to hit my brakes. Being retarded is par for course in Virginia, btw.

I don't have to worry about it with these. I feel like I have headlights on my hatch when I reverse, and I light up the whole street with the LEDs when I put my foot on the brake! It was worth having to pull out the harness. :)

pics? Sure.

What do you think?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It kinda offsets the dark look I had with my tinted tails... but this way I can also pass my inspection.....

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
i think they look good on your car, is there any reason why your third brake light isnt lit in the first pic?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Probably just had the tails on and not the brake.

Looks good.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
exactly. They're bright as hell.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$220 online.

they were kinda expensive... but today is my car's birthday.. so I had to do it.

It was assembled at the Hermosillo Assembly Plant on 04/27/2002!

It was a pain having to dig down into the car to get to the wiring harness.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
They're slicker than the other LED tails I've seen, I like them but probably won't drop the bucks too soon...
I gotta say I was behind one of those Caddy SUVs a couple of months ago, at night at a light, and the LED tails were so bright they were annoying...

·
Registered
2 Posts
yes....

Malakai said:
$220 online.

they were kinda expensive... but today is my car's birthday.. so I had to do it.

It was assembled at the Hermosillo Assembly Plant on 04/27/2002!

It was a pain having to dig down into the car to get to the wiring harness.

But it was so fun Benny!! I wanna do it again, lol. They look awesome BTW.

·
Registered
450 Posts
What kind of rewiring did you have to do?? I want to get these, and i was wondering about the wiring aspect of it before I got to into it.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
lets see a before picture so we can compare. i like them btw.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I plan on gettin those and having them shipped to cbren to get them night shaded with 1 or 2 coats of the night shade instead of the avarage 4 coats of night shade. My 2 year aniversery with my car just passed. I bought her the SVT suspention. I am putting it on on saturday.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nuttypet said:
What kind of rewiring did you have to do?? I want to get these, and i was wondering about the wiring aspect of it before I got to into it.

No rewiring. Once you pull apart the back of your car and get to the harness, it can plug directly in. It's just getting to the harness connection that's a pain in the butt. Especially in an SVT because you have to pull out the speaker/amp in the corner.

·
Registered
580 Posts
They look good to me, the LED's. I think a few coats of niteshade would look hot on the LED's, just enough to make it blend with the darker coor cars.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Too bad I used all of mine on the prior lights.

haha... anyone want to buy a set of niteshaded tails!?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
those look badass, def an improvement

1 - 20 of 37 Posts