Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone else has figured this out yet or not, but I now have DRLs on my 02 SVT. Very easy to do. All you need is relay F57B-14B192-AA. I had an extra lying around since I did the fog light mod. If any one is interested, just insert relay into slot RL12 in fuse box under hood. Refer to owners manual or look under the lid of fuse box for location. You can also wire DRLs to run through fogs by following the Daytime Running Fog Light mod in the how to archive.[:D]

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Yep, that is a common mod, though not all cars have the wiring.
Mine doesn't, but I know goinloco1's did.

I'm wondering if it's the HID equipped cars that don't have the wiring?
It's too bad, cause we head up to Banff every once in a while to visit my wife's brother and sister-in-law.
^^^Must have DRL in Canada.
It'd be nice to plug in the relay when we head up, and pull it back out when we get back.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
agreed. i wanted DRLs in my fogs. i think your right Doug, the HID cars dont have the relay wiring. bummer!

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Would fog lights suffice (be legal) for DRL??

I've done the fog light mod, but as you well know that also means the taillights and parking lights are on.

·
anti svt
2,731 Posts
you dont have to have them. lots of cars in sask dont. most new ones do but i see a few newer cars everyday that dont have drl's so the relay must have burnt out

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
Doug, they ARE forward facing. and are on with the ignition. so id say yes. my fogs are brighter than most people's highs.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
^^^I was thinking they might be too low on the car to be legal.

And, faster_than_u, everything I read says DRL's are required in Canada:
Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 108 requires DRLs on all new vehicles made or imported after January 1, 1990.
Maybe they just don't enforce the law that aggresively.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
agreed. i wanted DRLs in my fogs. i think your right Doug, the HID cars dont have the relay wiring. bummer!
Talked with egbertnr last night, he said he believed the HID equipped Foci do not have the wiring. Still cool to have DRLs if you want them though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts