Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my DRls activated by the dealer however ALL exterior lights come on. This doesnt sound right to me. Only headlamps should be on imo. Anyway dealer says this is the way it is blah blah blah. The owner manual tho says ONLY headlamps are on with DRLs.

So.....whos right? Opinions on this? Tnx

·
Registered
613 Posts
I had my DRls activated by the dealer however ALL exterior lights come on. This doesnt sound right to me. Only headlamps should be on imo. Anyway dealer says this is the way it is blah blah blah. The owner manual tho says ONLY headlamps are on with DRLs.

So.....whos right? Opinions on this? Tnx
The search function is your friend.... Not to mention you already asked this question and it was answered....

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265603&highlight=DRL

[popcorn]

·
Registered
613 Posts
Yes the search engine is a good place to start however the answer to my question isnt found there which is why i asked the specific ques i did
I beg to differ.... here is your short thread from 8/12/11....

i had the dealer activate the DRLs on my car however ALL the exterior lights are on ALL the time...this just doesn't seem right to me and i don't want that.. I want only the headlights to be on via the DRLs.

so..... i sent the car back and had them ck it out and the answer was that all '12 foci have all the lights on w/ drls.... this is just stupid... none of the canadian foci have this.... in canada only the headlights are on partial power.

Is there any way i can duplicate the canadian system on my american focus?
thanks
I live in Canada and my '12 Focus runs with all exterior lights as well when DRLs are on.
thanx gerosport.. i live outside montreal but haven't notices many '12 foci so wasn't sure. i do know that the previous editions of the focus had ONLY the headlights on. IMO, having all the lights on and not just the drls is bad engineering and totally unnecessary.
in my previous focus i rigged up the fog lights to be DRLs and would like to do that to my '12 focus but don't know the procedure.... (if anyone out there knows pls share)

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats my point. What the dealer says n what is really occuring and what the manual says are all different. Only one can be correct.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Isn't it better to just have all the lights on anyway? Point of DRLs are to make you more visble. Can't do much better than to have all the lights on...well you could cover your car in reflective tape.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts