Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A long time between updates, but whatever, my car hasn't changed a ton, but added some nifty things. All my shots before FITF and I'll post more as they are posted by others.

I added a CF hood, Made a custom basket, based kinda off Mr. Blue's design, as it seemed clean and proper, red mirror caps, red wheels (again) I had these painted red with a black strip, but the paint sucked, the clear sucked and was not happy with the results. We spent a lot of time stripping the wheels and sanding them smooth and then my buddy sprayed them correctly with Infra red paint and clear (with hardener) thursday morining as I left for work. A lot of hard work in a short amount of time to clean up the car.

Let me know what ya think.

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
That basket is excatly what I've been wanting to do for some time. I would stain and clear the wood planks for a richer look.

Keep up the good work.

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The wood is cleared with a outdoor poly. I need to sand it off and redo it I think, was rushed with time but going to let it go for a bit. Might paint the wood with a clear coat with Black tint, It looks sweet.

like this

·
IH8URFCE
2,231 Posts
the black would look tight. looks good already though

·
Registered
383 Posts
looking pretty good. looks like your carrying the bbq pit in the 5th to the last pic. what are the dimensions on the basket?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Looks really good. All these Kona racks I've been seeing lately are making me jealous. Can you go a little lower in the front though? Reverse rake makes me eyes twitch uncontrollably.

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was only reverse rake due to the amount of stuff in the car for the trip. The driveway pics are empty...

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It doesn't clear it, I had to cut a bit away, and i'm not sure, I got the hitch used.

It tows the BBQ trailer behind it in a few of the pics.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
the keg won me over lol

·
Sneeze
10,828 Posts
Keg was winning for trip down and back from FITF. So many people were staring / laughed / waved etc. good times

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That one is empty. But we did put a full half barrell on the rack, with the empty one and the cooler. The limit is 75 kg. I was probably over the limit but not by much. Need to weigh the basket and go from there.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts

So does your license plate stand for "drunkness" in this pic? Just kidding [rofl]

I love the way your car looks, its definitely different and great job on the basket too [thumb]

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
U need a front lip to finish off the look

1 - 20 of 41 Posts