Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriends focus i think is demented. Myself I hate fords, but this little thing has been through a lot. the other night though gf shut the driver's door and immediately the window shattered. I got it replaced, then she told me when it's kind of like 1/2 half way down or maybe 1/3 and she opens the door it makes a weird sound. Anyone ever heard of this.

·
Registered
89 Posts
omg i thought i was the only one. if i have my window 1/4 of the way down and try to shut my door you can hear something grabbing the window with alot of pressure. im use to it now, it hasn't been fixed because it's not under warranty for that problem. most likely the door is out of alignment, mine was (bought used). let me know if you decide to take the panel off and check it out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm a Ford tech and had this happen to me with a customer's Focus in the shop. There was a slim jim lockout tool jammed in the door that I found after disassembly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
omg i thought i was the only one. if i have my window 1/4 of the way down and try to shut my door you can hear something grabbing the window with alot of pressure. im use to it now, it hasn't been fixed because it's not under warranty for that problem. most likely the door is out of alignment, mine was (bought used). let me know if you decide to take the panel off and check it out.
I think I'm going to take it off today. When the glass guy replaced it, is wasn't making the noise but WTF! I don't know what to do for it. I'll let you guys know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts