Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ford focus mk2 and my sidelight on the drivers side doesnt work. So i replaced the bulb and still nothing. I checked the fuses and those were fine too. I suppose its the wiring. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I have a ford focus mk2 and my sidelight on the drivers side doesnt work. So i replaced the bulb and still nothing. I checked the fuses and those were fine too. I suppose its the wiring. Can anyone help?
Please be more specific as to year and body style.

If it is only the one side marker lamp that does not work it must either be the bulb, lamp socket, or wiring to that socket as it shares the same fuse and relay with all the other parking lamps.

Paul

·
Registered
16,177 Posts
Common to have simple socket issues there due to location and getting water thrown up there. New bulb, bend socket contacts closer and sand those using credit card with sandpaper folded over it and card plastic cut to shape. The bulb needs to go in tighter than before. If it works then grease the socket up inside to keep out water. If the socket is melted up it needs changing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Common to have simple socket issues there due to location and getting water thrown up there. New bulb, bend socket contacts closer and sand those using credit card with sandpaper folded over it and card plastic cut to shape. The bulb needs to go in tighter than before. If it works then grease the socket up inside to keep out water. If the socket is melted up it needs changing.
Thanks I shall try this. I dont understand how water could get to it though as its behind a cover.

·
Registered
16,177 Posts
The covers stop MOST water but not all, and even if they did the humidity alone seeps right in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts