Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 SVTf and I have twice noticed water puddling on the drivers side floor pan after a hard rain...the carpet is soaked. I know it's not my A/C condensation. Water must be getting in somewhere. There is a TSB about the passenger side, but that side is dry. Is there anyone that has experience with the drivers side leaking?

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
door is aligned wrong and the sealing isnt correct.

·
Registered
230 Posts
this is happening to me now....any ideas? i know all about the passenger side water after rain/ac but this is on the drivers side.

please help

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was my sunroof tray drain hoses. The drivers front side hose was disconnected, and when it rained, the water found its way down the headliner, down the pillar and left a gallon of water on the driver side floorboard. It is the worst when your car is parked, because the air stream diverts the water off the roof while driving. I figured it out while sitting in my car during a massive down pour, and noticed the headliner was getting damp up by the o' [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] handles. I have some pics of the problem, showing the drain tray, and hoses if you'd like me to post them.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
^^^^That would be good, without the sunroof info, I would've guessed that something was amiss behind the inner fenderwell like the bulkhead connector.

Other people with sunroofs are likely to have this problem- including myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts