Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month or so ago my drivers side door decided that it didn't want to lock or unlock via the keyless entry. It makes the noise like its locking but in the end I have to use the key. At first it wasn't that big of a deal but now it's a pain. Any suggestions? All the other locks work fine when I press the button.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Yep. Happens. Not on mine yet tho. I sprayed all the lock mechanisms as best I could without disassembling the door. I used silicon spray lube, but wish I would have used dry powder graphite instead. Others have used WD40 or that other grease stuff that I am forgetting the name of... -oh! white lithium spray.

Separately, the force required to open the door using the outside handle is terrible. Definitely my least favorite thing about my Focus and the same thing on all or most MK1 range foci. I love opening the door on many other types of cars because they feel SO MUCH better. -sigh...

·
Registered
17,173 Posts
Door latch assembly at back of door, once they run out of lube and start dragging, they don't work the limit switches inside properly. Often they start going repeat on/off on/off again and again until you fix the latch. The added force needed is what breaks the outside door handle too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts