Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has a drivers side seat heater issue. I am fairly certain it is not in the switch mechanism. I swapped them from side to side and still only the passenger side will work correctly (even with the drivers side switch controlling it). The fuse is not blown, both switches positively click on and off smoothly, and both switch lights turn on and off appropriately. There are no wires disconnected (that I can see) and everything looks right.

What's the deal?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read that post. Sorry I didn't find it earlier! I must have been looking in the wrong place. What will a new element cost me? How will I know for sure that's what's wrong?

·
Registered
199 Posts
not sure of the cost as mine is going to be covered under warranty. I'll try to remember to ask at the dealership what the cost would have been to have them do it. I should be getting mine done next week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealer says $35 to diagnose, $30 for butt pad and another $25 for lower back pad. Not sure on labor, since I plan to do it myself.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you do the work yourself let me know how difficult it was. I'm sure that at some point after the warranty runs out I will have to do this again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thinking about swapping the passenger element for the drivers. Probably have it diagnosed first, just to be sure. Only $35 at the dealer. I'll keep you posted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts