Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Bumping this thread. I bought Husky liners for my 2016 last summer. These ones were labeled for 16-18 MY and in addition to cleats snap to those floor "nipples".

However I lifted the driver side liner and found moisture underneath. Now, when I get snow on my boots and it melts I wind up with puddles in my mats. I'd find it hard to believe these liners are less than a year old and leaking water underneath to the carpet. If that's the case I'm disappointed in Husky.

I Googled this and found a forum for a different car and someone said the AC drain tube may be leaking. Is this possible on an MK3 focus in the driver footwell? AC is used when the defrost is on.

Had Husky for my 98 Ranger and never had this issue.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I don't get puddle on the carpet, because I'm used to knocking the aow off my shoe as I get in, but some does gete on the floormat, and the heater melts it. Then it gets on the windscreen an freezes! It sometimes takes 10 or 15 minutes to literally defrost the glass, which leaves a mess and glare at night. I need to empty the floormat after I get out.
Since my floormats were free and didn't have the foot rest pad, I did make a piece from a scrap doormat I had in the garage.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I don't get puddle on the carpet, because I'm used to knocking the aow off my shoe as I get in, but some does gete on the floormat, and the heater melts it. Then it gets on the windscreen an freezes! It sometimes takes 10 or 15 minutes to literally defrost the glass, which leaves a mess and glare at night. I need to empty the floormat after I get out.
Since my floormats were free and didn't have the foot rest pad, I did make a piece from a scrap doormat I had in the garage.
If it's really snow melt getting under the liner then Husky has made a bad product. The water should be held until it's emptied. If there's a puddle it's being held but could have a slow leak? I hope not.

Hope to hear from someone who has these liners.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

21 - 23 of 23 Posts