Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my driver side power window is taking a shit it goes down but not up on my 01 zx3. I have to pull it up with my hand my question is is it the window motor that needs to be replaced? if not what? anyone got a part link of what ill need?

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
If it goes one direction but not the other it's more likely the switch or the wiring between switch and motor.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so its not the motor cause the button allows it to go down?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Get a manual if you don't have one already, then get a used one from a junkyard. I had the same thing on a 2000 zx3. The window drive is shot, either the guides or the motor. For about $90 and 45 minutes time you will be back in business. It is'nt a hard fix at all, the system is modular and all connectors, it just takes time to do carefully so you don't lose any screws from the door panel.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Mine was the motor. I had the same symptoms you do it would go down just fine but, would go up really slow or not at all. The motor was too weak to push the glass back up but the weight of the glass helped it when going down. I would just replace the motor and mechanism and forget about it. If you just replace the motor it would prob work but, it could just break the mechanism in a week and your back to square one.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any site you guys recomend that carry the motor and mechanism ill need? how much for these?

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Buy ford parts! The regulator takes about 30min. U need torx bits& 8or 10mm to get the door panel off carefully peel off the sounddeadner then 2 10mm bolts hold the glass and 4 that holds the regulator to the door. Take ur time its pretty straightforward

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well now it dont go anywhere? it falls a tad gotta pull the window up when I get out car lol. and seems off track a little bit? any suggestions how/what to fix? what parts will I need to get all this fixed?

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
I suggest you get the power window motor, then take the door apart. If it did come off the track, then the bolt for it will be in the bottom of the door somewhere. You can probably hear it bouncing around when you close the door. If not, then you'll probably find that a new PW motor will fix the problem. If you have any questions about how it should look- then remove the other side's door panel to give you clues of how it should look when complete.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I had one of my rear doors do this. I purchased a motor/regulator unit from ebay, probably the easier way to go. It's been a couple years with no problems. Cost was about $45, IIRC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts