Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 focus has just until 36000 miles and the driver seat back pad had no support left in it. I'm 180 lbs, so not Petitbut not a Titan either.

Does anyone else have this issue? I'm considering taking it to the dealer to see if they will replace the pad. Should I bother, or will they tell me to buzz off?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
990 Posts
Is it physically broken?
That seems to be a common occurance for these cars.
I've broken two and bought a leather seat with the lumbar adjustment hoping they're built better.

Couldn't hurt to take it to the dealer and let them know the lumbar support portion is broken.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it physically broken?
That seems to be a common occurance for these cars.
I've broken two and bought a leather seat with the lumbar adjustment hoping they're built better.

Couldn't hurt to take it to the dealer and let them know the lumbar support portion is broken.
I don't actually have the lumbar support. I think the foam pad is simple mashed. Same thing happened on my last two Fords.

·
Registered
990 Posts
It's probably broken. My previous two seats did the same thing. They didn't have the lumbar support either.

You could either take it in or look for some seats with the lumbar suppport. I upgraded all my seats to black leather for around $400. I'd bet the 2015+ seats would be a bit pricier.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's probably broken. My previous two seats did the same thing. They didn't have the lumbar support either.

You could either take it in or look for some seats with the lumbar suppport. I upgraded all my seats to black leather for around $400. I'd bet the 2015+ seats would be a bit pricier.
I was thinking I would grab the driver seat out of a ST. I think I'll try the dealer first, though. Might as well see if I can get it fixed under warranty

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I took it in yesterday to see what they would say. The dealer took a few pictures and said the would send to Ford: which pretty much means nothing will happen.

Had anyone's dissected one of these seats? I have the SE with a manual cloth seat. How difficult is it to get the back cover up and add some support in there?

·
Registered
3 Posts
@FocusBlack15 did you happen to dissect the seat? My 2015 SE (84K miles) just had the same thing happen yesterday. I was able to find a parts diagram from Ford's website, but I didn't want to go purchasing the part if there was no way to get the cover off (reasonably)

Maybe @FordService ?

·
Registered
946 Posts
I was thinking I would grab the driver seat out of a ST. I think I'll try the dealer first, though. Might as well see if I can get it fixed under warranty
I wouldn't think seats would be covered on your 2015 at this point, unless you have an extended warranty. This may be obvious, but if you switch to ST seats you're going to need to run power to it.

The leather seats in non-ST's are nice as well and may be easier to find. I like mine and the leather is holding up well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts