Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took part in my first driver's school this past Saturday and it was by far the best performance mod you can do for yourself. I went from a 49.2 all the way down to a 42.9 over a matter of 20 runs. 4 different instructors from the Martin Sports Car Club, of which I am a member.

Towards the end, I killed the ESC, and let me tell you its so much of a different vehicle. I know there are a ton of electronics still at work, but it makes a difference when it comes to cornering because you have more power and it brings out the skill of a driver. I had to put it back to sport mode as it was so overwhelming. I think its going to be the way to go.

If you've never taken a class, it's the best bang for your buck. I think I'll take it again to see how much more I can learn when the season starts back up.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Three cheers for the driver mod - it's fun too!

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
If you can get to Miller Motorsports park when they start up the ST Octane Academy for 2015 (April-October) if you're the first purchaser of your Focus ST you can also attend a free 1 day drivers course that includes track time with instructors, lead follow sessions, skid car exercises, as well as learning how to perform stunts such as 90 degree hand brake turns, Reverse 180/ j-turns, and forward 180s all in Focus or Fiesta STs through out the day. It was a ton of fun and I wish I could do it again.

Here's a compilation of one of my Urban-x practices in the FiST.

www.stoctaneacademy.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts