Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so far I am really enjoying my focus. However, anyone notice the driver leg room is little cramped. Is hard to stretch out my left leg without having to move it close to the pedals.

oh well...

·
Registered
524 Posts
I too feel the leg room is cramped but that's because I adjust the seat forward enough that my arms aren't uncomfortably stretched out to reach the steering wheel. If I need to stretch my legs out I just move the seat all the way back for a while. I can't drive for long periods with my arms stretched out though so the seat will move forward until it feels right.

When the cruise control is on while highway driving, my knees bend and my feet are flat on the floor. It's not that bad in that position but I only do that when traffic is light.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Does not the Focus have an adjustable steering wheel? I understand you can both Tilt and Telescope the steering wheel.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Does not he Focus have an adjustable steering wheel? I understand you can both Tilt and Telescope the steering wheel.
Yes, my 2012 Focus Titanium has both the tilt and telescoping steering wheel, makes finding a comfortable driving position very easy.

·
Registered
355 Posts
At 6'4" and 260lbs., I don't find the interior cramped at all for a compact car. It's no Crown Vic, but considering the seat height adjustment and steering wheel telescope/tilt, I have found a happy medium.

In addition, I found the headroom to be excellent for a car with a moonroof.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Does not the Focus have an adjustable steering wheel? I understand you can both Tilt and Telescope the steering wheel.
Yes, but arm stretch is largely due to the seat-back position. I like to lean back a bit and then even with the telescoping wheel all the way out it doesn't go out far enough to be comfortable for me unless I move the whole seat forward. This is just my personal preference so your adjustment position may be different. I'm 6'3" BTW.

·
Registered
57 Posts
the carpet can be lifted, its been said that the piece on the left side of the drivers floorboard is foam or something, and can be removed for more left leg legroom.. not sure how the formed carpet would look after its removed, but I can agree completely, I took a trip to California, and found myself having to literally stretch my leg out under the brake pedal

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yes, but arm stretch is largely due to the seat-back position. I like to lean back a bit and then even with the telescoping wheel all the way out it doesn't go out far enough to be comfortable for me unless I move the whole seat forward. This is just my personal preference so your adjustment position may be different. I'm 6'3" BTW.
That sounds very familiar. I like to lean back as well. Maybe someone will come up with a good arm-stretcher for cheap.

·
Registered
472 Posts
That sounds very familiar. I like to lean back as well. Maybe someone will come up with a good arm-stretcher for cheap.
Thank God I am only 5'10 so hopefully won't have these issues LOL

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am 5'10" and fits me nicely. I have the seat full down and steering wheel full extended. Feels like a go-cart with A/C.[race]

·
Registered
187 Posts
maybe I need to find the telescoping part of the wheel. didnot realized it had it :)
Instructions are on page 137 or 135 of the owner's manual, depending on version.

·
Registered
781 Posts
it's the same adjustment for tilt and telescope. just pull that lever and move the wheel up and down, pull it in and out.

6' here and no problems at all getting comfortable in the car. my only complaint, the electric seats are so slow to adjust. especially if you have to pull it forward to flip and drop the rear seat, then put the driver's seat back again. i like the leather/heated seats. i'd just go manual next time.

for those who didn't know, the lumbar support is on the inside of the driver's seat, not the outside like other cars i've been in. took me a few days to find it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts