Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this happen to anyone else or am I doing something wrong?

I know that if I walk up to any door other than the driver door and grasp the handle, all the doors will unlock. This has worked for me every time I have performed this action.

However, sometimes when I walk up to the driver door and grasp the handle, expecting only the driver door to unlock, it will re-lock. Or it will beep once, to indicate the alarm is armed. If it re-locked, it will then beep on a second grasp. On subsequent grabs, it will continue to beep. [scratch]

Now I know I can reach in my pocket, press the door button, and unlock my door. But I thought the key fob was supposed to eliminate the need for that! [?|]

It has gotten to the point where sometimes I deliberately grab the back driver door to unlock all the doors, then open the driver door.

The worst part is...sometimes it will work as designed and my driver door will unlock!

Am I doing something wrong? [confused]

·
Registered
179 Posts
Does this happen to anyone else or am I doing something wrong?

I know that if I walk up to any door other than the driver door and grasp the handle, all the doors will unlock. This has worked for me every time I have performed this action.

However, sometimes when I walk up to the driver door and grasp the handle, expecting only the driver door to unlock, it will re-lock. Or it will beep once, to indicate the alarm is armed. If it re-locked, it will then beep on a second grasp. On subsequent grabs, it will continue to beep. [scratch]

Now I know I can reach in my pocket, press the door button, and unlock my door. But I thought the key fob was supposed to eliminate the need for that! [?|]

It has gotten to the point where sometimes I deliberately grab the back driver door to unlock all the doors, then open the driver door.

The worst part is...sometimes it will work as designed and my driver door will unlock!

Am I doing something wrong? [confused]
It could be that your thumb is too close to the "black button" on the handle when you go to open the door, hence the beeping of the horn, which also indicates that the doors are indeed locked. I to have had this happen to me on occasion and you're right, I never have the problem if I touch one of the rear doors. Could just be a hand placement issue.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see. I would have helped if the dealer had informed me not to press the black square. I thought it was necessary the entire time. I didn't have time to scour the owner's manual to determine what the necessary procedure was. Now I understand.

This also helped:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_peBP8pxCU

1 - 3 of 3 Posts