Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone or does anyone have or know of a link that has the diagram to the Wiring of the door jamb (grommet?) of the front passenger side and driver side doors. Like what colors control window, speakers, lock, etc.

If anyone has seen I am trying to run puddle lights to my mirrors. So I came up with the idea that I could use PIN connectors like what a truck and trailer would have. Do you think I would have enough wire to do this, eliminating the solid plug that is there now?

IF I did that, it would just be a matter of connecting the old wires back together and then have an opening to run any wires that I want through, yet being still protected by the grommet.

Does any see any problems with this? I would just have to find the right kind of connector, extra eyes would be awesome for this as well[ffrocks]

OR actually just cutting the ends and just splicing them together, my only fear is that Im not going to have enough wiring to it like that. Would this hurt the stability and cause the wires to bend and break?

Thanks.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Best $60 I've spend on my Focus already. Check ebay.

if I get some time I'll flip through to see if I can dig anything up since I'll be in the same boat.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Best $60 I've spend on my Focus already. Check ebay.

if I get some time I'll flip through to see if I can dig anything up since I'll be in the same boat.

Awesome man, I don't know if I would use it that much though. Probably would. But what would the fun be of making a new thread?[poke]

·
Registered
202 Posts
What do you think of this, similar to what we want to do?

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191807

could work but to ghetto for me.

a quick glance at the wiring book brings up a few questions for you.

drivers door single or dual plug?
power windows?
power locks?
power mirrors?
heated mirrors?

on my zx3 I have a single plug [mad] to the drivers door so pretty much all of my spots looks like they are taken except for the heated mirror.

Yet again this is only me taking like 2 min to flip through the book (I HATE reading wiring diagrams they confuse the heck out of me)

·
Registered
202 Posts
wait you have an 02, so things may be way different.

I'd jump on ebay and looking for the wiring book (they sell separately) trust me these books do come in handy. don't settle for the Chilton or Haynes crap.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They can't be that different. Same body style. They will be similar, I'm not concerned about that.

Yes I have a single plug as well, fun fun right. Everything is powered except no power mirrors.

Heck no power would be easy peasy.

·
Registered
202 Posts
don't put it past a car manufacture to change something, even mid year.

but having no power mirrors would open up a few more pins.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry meant no heated mirrors.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would there be a PDF for these or not?

Thanks for the links.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts