Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver’s side seat slides uncontrollably at times. This is a safety issue as I have had this happen at times that it has impaired my control of the vehicle.

The dealer quoted me $1000 plus with a new seat rail and $537 for a used rail that has no warranty.

This feels extremely expensive given it is a safety issue.

Any suggestions for me please?

Thanks.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Just checked ebay. Bunch of used rails under $100. I'd go that route. Still cheaper if you have to bring it to a non-dealer shop.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just checked ebay. Bunch of used rails under $100. I'd go that route. Still cheaper if you have to bring it to a non-dealer shop.
My FIL has some tools and we will either replace the whole seat ourselves or get the rails as you suggested.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
This feels extremely expensive given it is a safety issue.
The reason the dealer is expensive is because it IS a safety (liability) issue.

Good luck
Paul

·
Registered
16,336 Posts
Paul read the reply above yours. Why I said nothing about the sentence structure concerning that sentence. Another one that wants to just be told the exact part broke and doesn't want to have to think. Post #2 is where anybody should have put their mind in about 5 seconds, this one thought it was 'useful information'. And short to accommodate the ADD.

Should we give them the longer answer to piss them off? The one that says to disconnect the battery before the work to avoid blowing airbags off and killing somebody?

·
Registered
970 Posts
Another one that wants to just be told the exact part broke and doesn't want to have to think. Post #2 is where anybody should have put their mind in about 5 seconds, this one thought it was 'useful information'. And short to accommodate the ADD.
I didn't take the guy's "short/useful" reply as sarcasm, but for some reason you chose to. This is how you run off new members when this forum is already dying.

·
Registered
16,336 Posts
Yes, of course, it's all MY fault. Thank you. Like I haven't a clue as to what I am doing.

I raised 5 other siblings when nobody else was there to do it. I can pick up baby crying from 60 year olds at 100 yards.

New members? Look at the quality of the postings now, it's dropping like a rock. The posters get more incompetent with their thinking every day. They ask impossible things more each day because they cannot think and demand you take MUCH more time servicing them as a result, if you WANT to be a slave that's the way to do it. When you feed a starving man fish he wants it every day, when you teach the guy to fish for himself.........they do NOT want that part, it means THEY have to work, better to just keep you coming with more fish.Why you were 'appreciated'.

Hey. at some point I will just quit this site and you people can have a party then go back to breaking everything you work on.

The forum is already dead, just too silly to know it yet. I lost all relevance a good time back, you have to have thinkers to appreciate other thinkers, on lemmingworld that is a lost dead art.

FYI, I could likely fix that sliding seat for free, I've done it on different cars before, every fix is different though. My Focus got it done 10 years ago and still works fine. Using exact same 'broken' part.

It is what it is...........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts