Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As stated, we had our first fairly large snow storm yesterday morning, and I say we picked a hell of a time to go up to Park City (y'know, the place where they have the Sundance Film Festival? well they have outlet stores). Needless to say, me brother's $100 Bose headphones crapped out on him [rofl] so we had to go replace them. the following pictures are the results of that morning. (Intro to "Law and Order" plays [hihi])

*EDIT* added new pics from same day, on Page 2 [thumb]

Hmm......look what I woke up to:

Ok, this is a sign they REALLY SHOULD read:

This is about halfway. Made me feel a lot better that a focus was making the trip just fine:

Again, about halfway is where it gets bad. A stuck truck caused this. (note the speck of a car on the left side, way ahead [hah])

Here's the speck [hihi] note to mustang owners: don't try to make your way up a canyon road that gets closed almost every time it snows [:p]

Another view of the poor mustang:

nothing special, but the snow plows have not come yet [:p]

This was seriously how bad it got when we were closer to the top:

another bad visibility view (note the black splotches are dried water spots on my lens [gunfire])

Uhhh.... are you sure this is the exit?? [scream]

There's the ride, good old Mazda CX-7 (AWD Turbo Duratec FTW! [thumb])

Nice view of the Tanger Outlet malls..... plus a red Scoobie (I've never seen a newer one that color):

OH LOL....guess it's been snowing more back at home:

Haha.....license plate and taillights are the only distinguishable colors here.... everything else matches the house or the snow [:p]

My brother's Suzuki Esteem is a wannabe Focus [hihi]

Make that EURO focus [:D]

whoo........that was fun. [dunno] [:D]

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
wow crazy snow storms i hate driving in the snow cuz of stupid people...

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
We just had our first snow storm here yesterday too. And I love park city! They got cool stuff going on all year round!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
We've only had about an inch so far, I'm waiting for a good one for some new pics.

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
That sux, we've been having a lot worse though. Maybe i can drive my focus in it soon...

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
^We get the inch a day bullcrap. I'd LOVE to get huge snowstorms like you get Mike.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
wtf is snow.. [hihi]

i'm going to the beach now to warm up lol

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wtf is snow.. [hihi]

i'm going to the beach now to warm up lol

oop thanks guys.......I have more pics too, plus some vids, lol.

Ha I'm going to the beach too, next week. KeepitKaui, I'll see ya there [;)]

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
wow that looked like a crazy storm to drive in. EEk! glad you make it back okay. Are you going post up the rest of the pictures???

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
snow is fun to drive in, but like some have said going anywhere sucks cuz to many idiots on the roads

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Nice... I drove in a bad storm like that once... in a Camaro! LOL... I barely made it home.

I detailed a red WRX just like that one... it's a nice solid performance red; not bluish like Infra-Red is.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
more pics? ok, lemme upload em........they're not all that great (hence the reason I didn't upload em, lol.)

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Yeah, I don't mind drivin in the snow, the main thing that makes me nervous is others on the road, not knowing if they are or arn't paying attention, or if they even know how to drive in the snow.
We've got a phillipino girl were I work that just came to the states last year, she just got her liscense and this is the first time she's driven in snow. Needless to say, the first light coating, and i mean very light coating of snow, the point of were if you put your finger on the ground it'll melt it, she spins out trying to beat a redlight.

Those people scare me.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, I don't mind drivin in the snow, the main thing that makes me nervous is others on the road, not knowing if they are or arn't paying attention, or if they even know how to drive in the snow.
We've got a phillipino girl were I work that just came to the states last year, she just got her liscense and this is the first time she's driven in snow. Needless to say, the first light coating, and i mean very light coating of snow, the point of were if you put your finger on the ground it'll melt it, she spins out trying to beat a redlight.

Those people scare me.
agreed....when I was shoveling snow today, there was this Mexican (really guys, I'm not racist, I'm just making a point here) in a Civic (stereotypical? yes) and he was dropping some of my neighbor's friends off at their house (one of their kids is in my class, lol) first I saw him jam on the brakes to slow down (cause he was playing "race the other invisible Honda" [rofl]) and the back end slid out on him, but not too much. then I noticed as he tried to leave, one of his wheels was stuck in our damn 1 1/2 foot semi-circle of a gutter while the rest of the car was sliding forwards but still with the rear sticking out....

I fear someone's gonna hit me in the snow, that's where the accident is gonna be, knock on wood :|

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK to be honest, I don't know which of these I've posted already, there may be one of two, but the rest is just of super low visibility, some disabled cars, and whatever else there may be

BTW CaysE, one of these contains a disabled Camaro on the side of the road, guess you WERE lucky [hihi]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts