Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed it on the way to work. I have a 2003 zx3. It has a standard transmission. When I let of the gas & push in on the clutch it sounds like I have a flat tire, but I don't. I think it may be the uv joints but not sure. Can anyone give me an idea what to look for. I tried to move the axle on each side with my hand & it had a little play but I don't think it had enough to make that noise. Need help fast. Going out of town Sunday...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE. When it is under a load or speeding up it does not make a sound. it does make a sound when you let off the gas. The noise sounds like a knocking or thumping noise. if i am in 3rd gear giving it 4k rpm & let of the gas it gets louder. any help would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE # 2. Got the car jacked up, on jackstands. When i turn the wheels by hand i can hear some, not so good, noise in the transmission were the driveshafts come into the transmission. Not driving this car out of town.[?|] I think it is called the differential case, and it is the side gear shaft counterbore [dunno]??? Please anyone need help... [bawling]

·
Registered
17,459 Posts
No help there, if true the trans comes out and apart....................diff is shot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts