Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys in here know what that bearing is called that is attached to the passenger side axle. It has a bracket around it, and connect to the shaft that comes right out of the tranny. I need to replace that, seems to be the culprit of my long time humming noise that i've had. I was just wondering if any of you knew the name of that part or even the Part #, and also if any of you have had problems with this part. I know SVT's had a few issues with that bearing but i've also heard that they wear out especially when you've had your car lowered. Any help is appreciated...thanks.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Working here at Ford, i have never seen where its serviced seperately from the axle. I have tried to find one but have never found that bearing by itself.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Update.... i just found the Ford # for that bearing, its a YS4Z-3K093-AA. It used to be unava. but i crossed the # off of one of the axles off of my svt.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Good find Doug, i work here and didnt see that one. Im sure they will appreciate that one. Really should sticky that bullitin

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2000-2003 Focus - Noise from right halfshaft support bearing.

Some 2000-2003 Focus vehicles may exhibit a noise from the right halfshaft support bearing. Engineering has developed a new halfshaft support bearing bracket to reduce bearing noise. If the noise is determined to be coming from the bearing, replace the bearing (YS4Z-3K093-AA), bearing bracket assembly (see parts chart below), bearing retainer (YS4Z-3N324-AA), and retainer nuts (W520102-S309).
ZETEC automatic 3S4Z-3K305-GA
ZETEC manual 3S4Z-3K305-HA
SPI automatic 3S4Z-3K305-JA
SPI manual 3S4Z-3K305-KA

EFFECTIVE DATE: 07/10/2003

1 - 7 of 7 Posts